by Gednaa

Original Post

[ECO] Hydroponic planters not watering or preventing pests

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, stranger like, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place hydroponic planter in windenburg.
What happens when the bug occurs? Hydroponic planters don't water themselves or do their own pest control. My sim is constantly having to tend all 26 hydroponic planters. Planters placed in a sheltered garden in windenburg.
What do you expect to see? Planters that water themselves and do their own pest control so my sim doesn't have to tend the garden.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, added tag

Message 1 of 7 (2,006 Views)

Re: [ECO] Hydroponic planters not watering or preventing pests

Hero
@a7xfreak17 Do you only have issues in Windenburg ?

There's a known issue of alien plants: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Quill-Plant-not-watered-by-Hydroponic-Planter/... but I take it it's for all in your case ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,974 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@a7xfreak17Do you only have issues in Windenburg ?

There's a known issue of alien plants: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Quill-Plant-not-watered-by-Hydroponic-Planter/... but I take it it's for all in your case ?

I haven't tested anywhere else but windenburg. And I don't have any alien plants at all in my garden. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,956 Views)

Hero
@a7xfreak17 Would you mind testing another hood ? That would be useful info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,943 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi.  I have some of the hydroponic planters. They work in one household in Del Sol, but not another - they suddenly stopped working. I've yet to see if the ones in the other house in Del Sol keep working and will report back.  I know this is an old thread, but I only just got ECO installed and was disappointed that they stopped working for my household, so put some new ones in the house next door to test.  Thanks, Ged.

Message 5 of 7 (1,407 Views)

★ Novice

I think I found a work around if you are still having this problem.  I had a bombardier beetle farm next to a broken hydroponic planter that lit the area on fire.  After it broke, I was able to repair it using the Eco Smog Vacuum, and suddenly it started watering and spraying for bugs again.  I tested my theory by using a spellcaster to burn another planter and used repario, and now all 9 of my planters are working again!

Hope this helps someone out there get past this bug!

Message 6 of 7 (1,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@phantomzaber Thank you! I've tried these in different worlds, different lots in worlds, but they all end up breaking after a few sim hours! I'll try the smog vacuum, though I've never used it, but hope to find it in the game! Standard smile

Edit1: Got the table got the smog vacuum, sim cleaned smog. Planters still not working!

Edit2: I've found a solution. (accidentally!) Although it involves cheating with a certain mod, you can cheat all the plants to blossoming and the planters will start working again! I hope it lasts, still testing and if they stop I'll let you know, otherwise, take it that it's worked! This is the only solution I've experimented with.

Edit3: Okay, so far, I see it doesn't work for cottage living mushrooms, but works for other cottage living plants.

(merged post) - Atic 

Message 7 of 7 (1,229 Views)