by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Fuel Cell upgrade doesn't allow normal stove use off the grid

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On an off-the-grid lot, install the fuel cell upgrade on a stove
What happens when the bug occurs? Stove provides non-off-the-grid cooking options, fridge does not. Sim starts to prepare the meal but can't finish it.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to be able to cook normally, especially since the upgrade is flagged with an off-the-grid icon.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It never occurred to me to try this until last night, so I don't know how long it's been an issue or if it's ever worked properly.

I've repeated this twice in two different Save files, both with the Auld Crow Wood-Burning Cookstove. The first time I used regular upgrade parts and the second time I used eco upgrade parts.

The upgrade itself is tagged with the off-the-grid icon:

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 7.00.28 PM.png

After the upgrade, the Stove has the normal "Cook" button available:

Stove cook button

The refrigerator, however, does not allow for normal cooking options:

fridge options

And if I try to prepare the meal from the stove options, I'm unable to finish it:

After prep

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 32 (7,699 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Fuel Cell upgrade doesn't allow normal stove use off the grid

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wombatilim Do you have biofuel from the insect farm ? I'm not exactly sure how it works but seems you need that.

Either have an insect far or buy it

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 32 (7,651 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict It says fuel level: high, but I tried adding more with bits & pieces and that didn't help.
Message 3 of 32 (7,636 Views)

Hero
@wombatilim I know that's an off grid fridge but did you upgrade that as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 32 (7,613 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict I have not upgraded the fridge yet. I can give that a try.
Message 5 of 32 (7,574 Views)

Hero
@wombatilim I kinda wonder if it's the fridge or the stove that's bugged or both

@PoptartJuniper tested on PS and she was able to duplicate so I guess we can safely say something is off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 32 (7,568 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Tried upgrading the fridge, with no change in results. Still can't initiate hot food from the fridge, and still can't finish cooking something I started from the stove.

I don't mind so much that I can't start the cooking from the fridge, but I should at least be able to finish cooking something I started from the stove.
Message 7 of 32 (7,551 Views)

Re: [ECO] Fuel Cell upgrade doesn't allow normal stove use off the grid

★★★ Novice
@wombatilim Did anyone ever find a fix to this because it’s currently happening to me
Message 8 of 32 (7,235 Views)

★★★ Guide
@pinkbdk I haven't found a workaround yet, no
Message 9 of 32 (7,206 Views)

No, it's still not fixed, I posted about it in the fridge thread a few weeks back, it's the fuel cells on fridges, stoves and vacuum cleaners that don't work properly. On my current off-the-grid lot I simply haven't installed the fuel-cell upgrades and added a second wind-mill for power generation. Two of them generate enough power for my sims to use the stove from time to time and I won't get the option to select recipes from the picker when my sims cannot complete cooking them. It's not a workaround reduces confusion.

Message 10 of 32 (7,182 Views)