by Lucy_Henley

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Freelance Crafter: Sending items doesn't tick off

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, Werewolves, Moschino Stuff and the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own Eco Lifestyle, have a Sim join the freelance crafter career and take a gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? I submit a fabrication to the client for approval via the computer, and they say they receive it, but it doesn’t get ticked off in the job panel.
What do you expect to see? The task getting ticked off in the job panel. The latest patch supposedly fixed this bug, but it’s still there for me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The latest patch supposedly fixed this freelance crafter bug, but it’s still there for me. WTF?? 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 13 (3,728 Views)

Re: Freelance Crafter career STILL doesn’t work

★★★★★ Apprentice

It’s only the computer method that doesn’t work, I can send it off for approval via the inventory. Not a game breaking bug but still odd…

Message 2 of 13 (3,702 Views)

Re: Freelance Crafter career STILL doesn’t work

Hero
@Lucy_Henley What item did you create ? Did you test on a vanilla game ?

Tested a rug (cause that's all my Sim can do and that worked fine through the computer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (3,681 Views)

[ECO] Issues with Crafter Freelancer gigs.

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.64
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get Famous, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Cottage Living, Discover University, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Seasons Game Packs: Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Outdoor Retreat, Dream Home Decorator, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood Stuff Packs: Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Movie Hangout, Tiny Living, Bowling Night, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Spooky, Fitness, Laundry Day, Kids Room, Cool Kitchen, Moschino, Perfect Patio Kits: Bust the Dust, Courtyard Oasis, Desert Luxe, Blooming Rooms, Decor to the Max, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept freelancer gig for creator for any large item (lamps, chairs, beds...); attempt to submit item for client review under any circumstances;
What happens when the bug occurs? a message showing acceptance appears, the item is removed from your inventory, but no completion or task advancement is given.
What do you expect to see? task advancement should be given.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In reference to this thread...

Still encountering this problem -- chat with client, make items, successfully send items to client via computer but "Send your finished work to the client" does not increment or complete for Fabricaton-type "SIMply Crafted" gigs where the item(s) requested are furniture that go to the buy/build family inventory rather than the sim's personal inventory. So far I have not had this issue with candles, which I can send from my sim's inventory. I did click "me too" on OP, but wanted to add my voice to the pile of people expressing dissatisfaction that this is still an issue over a year later.

I only have a work-around for candles and fizzy drinks,as they're stowed in the Sims' personal inventory. If it's for something like a lamp or rug that doesn't fit in the sim-level inventory, the computer doesn't work for it. It doesn't appear to work for the mailbox either.

I'm only taking fizzy gigs and candle gigs which sucks because the furniture ones clearly earn more advancement and money.

Message 4 of 13 (3,582 Views)

Re: [ECO] Issues with Crafter Freelancer gigs.

Hero
@disasterouslove I tested rugs the other day which worked fine for me. Does that also not work for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (3,559 Views)

Re: [ECO] Issues with Crafter Freelancer gigs.

★★★★ Pro

Same here, chance of payment is 50:50. Sending items and fizz via computer often doesn't work. 

Message 6 of 13 (3,048 Views)

Freelancer Career - Crafter Gig Not completing

★ Guide

I’m on PS5, & I’ll attach photos to show what I mean but I was given the 3 tasks: to call client, make 3 rectangle candles, & then submit for approval. The first two tasks checked off under the gig tab, and I made all the candles, submitted each one, but it’s still showing I have to submit 3 candles under the gig tab. It still says 0/3 even though I got the notification showing they were happy with it. I got 3 notifications for each candle I submitted (see photo) but it’s still not completed and if I cancel the gig, it’ll affect performance: this is the second time this has happened.

I have all packs, kits etc.

no mods as I’m on console

version: gp12.15

Message 7 of 13 (2,667 Views)

Re: Freelancer Career - Crafter Gig Not completing

Hero
@_awkwardlezbean I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,616 Views)

[ECO] Freelancer Crafter - Gigs Not Completing (Patch 1.69)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.96.397.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions except Growing Together, all game packs except Wedding, Parenthood, Outdoor, and the following stuff packs: Paranormal, Knitting, Tiny, Moscino, and Fitness.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take the Freelance Crafter Career, and take the Fizzing Tasks. Tested both the 3 komucha and the 1 tofizz.
What happens when the bug occurs? The task accepts the Drinks, no payment, no task update.
What do you expect to see? The Task should update, the job should complete and you should get paid/career advanced.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Freelance Crafting drinks fail to update tasks when approved by customers.

Message 9 of 13 (2,273 Views)

Freelance Crafter gigs do not complete

★★ Novice

A lot of the freelance crafter never get completed. Except for the ones made by the fabricator. Fizz juice or candles are always bugging me like this. Sadly, this problem has been going on for so many people as I saw in threads here but it's still not fixed. 

image.png

Message 10 of 13 (2,176 Views)