by Nishka19

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Found a Ring Call: Child/Teen now engaged to adult

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Prompt occurs randomly after an interaction when there is at least a child sim and another adult in the household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Young Adult from outside the household triggers prompt to adult in household and says they found ring and asks should they say yes. @It was found in the child’s bag.” Adult in household says yes and the young adult and child are now engaged.
What do you expect to see? This prompt should never pop up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent base game update or High School

I’ve heard of unexpected wants within familial relationship but first time I experienced this bug that allows a romantic relationship with a child. No romance options are available for either sim but they do react as if they are in relationship in terms of their sentiments.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 11 (3,082 Views)

Re: My sim's friend asked out her child

★★ Novice

OMG my sim got a call from the victim and he said he found a ring in her sons bag!! i dont know what is happeing

Message 2 of 11 (2,637 Views)

Re: My sim's friend asked out her child

Hero
@WinxEmma I merged your post with the ring call bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (2,554 Views)

Re: [ECO] Found a Ring Call: Child now engaged to adult

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone who's still experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 11 (2,243 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Found a Ring Call: Child now engaged to adult

★★★★★ Newbie

OMG! i didn’t read the pop up and now my child sim is engaged to an adult sim;-; i will remove it with cheats, but this shouldn’t happen…

Message 5 of 11 (1,679 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Found a Ring Call: Child now engaged to adult

EA Sims Team
@JustGabija

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file or to SimguruNick as requested above.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...
Message 6 of 11 (1,482 Views)

Teen & YA Romance Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Get Famous, High School Years, Laundry Day, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Discover University, City Living, Get Together, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A
What happens when the bug occurs? I was playing another family and got the pop-up asking if a young adult sim in another household should say yes to their girlfriend proposing but their girlfriend is still a teen.
What do you expect to see? Romantic relationships should change when a sim ages and their significant other does not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I was playing a spare of my legacy challenge. His brother, who is a young adult, called and asked if he should say yes to his girlfriend proposing. However, that sim is still in my main legacy household and I knew he aged to a YA but his girlfriend was still a teen. I went to his household and checked their relationship and it shows that he is engaged to her and they are still considered lovers. I'm on console so no MCCC or other mods. I always assumed that if one of the sims aged up the relationship would change accordingly. 

Message 7 of 11 (1,101 Views)

Re: Teen & YA Romance Bug

Hero
@nayaTM was it a found a ring call ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes. It was the "found a ring" call. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,039 Views)

Hero
@nayaTM I merged your post with the existing thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,022 Views)