Original Post

Highlighted

[ECO] Eco Footprint Not Changing or Deteriorating

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get to Work, Nifty Knitting, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day Stuff, Parenthood, Dine Out, Bowling, Fitness, Vampires, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Get Together, Spa, Movie Hangout, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party, Spooky, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make eco improvements anywhere in Evergreen Harbor (haven't tried other worlds), then check Eco Footprint for the lot and for the world.
What happens when the bug occurs? Eco Footprint either does not improve or deteriorates after significant green improvements (add tons of plants with eco points, change all flooring/walls to those with eco points, change all utilities to better power/water consumption, install solar panels, wind turbines, water collectors, etc) After which, lot stays neutral and bar points to arrow moving negatively AND already green neighborhoods switch to neutral. One lot - off-the-grid - the whole lot is filled with gardening, recycling, no lights only candles, eco power/water, and worked hard to upgrade the few items that use utilities (ex. shower, fridge) to be fully eco upgraded. What happens? Lot arrow still moving down from neutral.
What do you expect to see? Positive change to Eco Footprint with the changes I make.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

I disabled all CC/mods and it stayed the same.  I saw another thread where the accepted answer was that this was fixed in  Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33 - however, I bought Eco after that patch came out.

Example, one lot - off-the-grid - the whole lot is filled with gardening, recycling, no lights only candles, eco power/water, and worked hard to upgrade the few items that use utilities (ex. shower, fridge) to be fully eco upgraded. What happens? Lot arrow still moving down from neutral.

In the green neighborhood of Evergreen Harbor, I went to the Quarry and added tons of plants and cleaned up the trash.  After that the neighborhood went from green to neutral.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (2,589 Views)

Re: Eco Footprint Not Changing or Deteriorating

Hero
@tk8674 Could you test this on a fresh save that never had any mods in to see if this is save game related or a general issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,566 Views)

★ Novice

Ok so, with all mods/cc disabled, I started a new game.  I could not totally recreate what I did because I don't have time for that.  But, here's where we are:

1. First of all, I am an idiot.  The arrow pointing - what I thought was in the negative - is actually going in the direction of green.  So my sim's off-the-grid lot is heading in the right direction supposedly but it's been stuck in neutral regardless.  I honestly don't know what else I could do other than to remove the toilet, sink, and fridge - even though they've been fully upgraded.  Also note, my power and water production have been in the positive every day.
  2. The Quarry situation in the originally green neighborhood - same problem.  I replaced the lights and plumbing with more efficient ones (from eco pack), added eco industrial concrete, eco grass, tons of trees and bushes, wind turbines, solar panels, and the industrial water collector; and I cleaned up all the trash.  The lot has now moved from green to neutral and now the neighborhood is neutral.
Message 3 of 10 (2,545 Views)

★ Novice

Update to that, went back to my original game and I'm not an idiot, my off-the-grid lot eco footprint arrow is moving toward industrial.

I have no cc on that lot btw - have not used cc in Everest Harbor at all.

The only items I have that take power or water are: 1x sink, 1x toilet, 1x fridge, 1x shower, 1x computer - all of which I bought with the highest consumption rating and all have been fully upgraded.

All materials used were the most eco friendly.  Electrical items are fueled with bio insect fuel.  70% of the lot is covered in greenery and gardening.

In the new game I tried, I recreated that except didn't upgrade all the stuff cuz I didn't have time.  

In both games, both the Quarry and the off-the-grid lot are moving toward industrial eco footprint despite all my efforts.

Message 4 of 10 (2,539 Views)

★★★ Pro
@tk8674 If you start a brand new game in Evergreen Harbor, the game moves the industrial and green neighborhoods towards neutral. The score you see is the score for the entire neighborhood.

Can you show a picture of your lot?
Is the lot green, neutral, or industrial on the Map View?
Have you played any additional households in the neighborhood?
Do you have any community lots in the neighborhood?
Message 5 of 10 (2,460 Views)

Re: [ECO] Eco Footprint Not Changing or Deteriorating

★★ Apprentice

seem to have a similar problem. I had two green lots in Willow Creek's Sage Estates while playing with another family. now that I've switched to one of the lots in Sage Estates, both of the lots are neutral and the neighborhood instantly switched from very green to neutral the last time I traveled, even though I made the one I play with even more green if the build mode descriptions are to be believed. the lot has been flip-flopping between going green and going neutral before. mostly when travelling or coming back to the family.

Message 6 of 10 (2,367 Views)

Re: [ECO] Eco Footprint Not Changing or Deteriorating

★★★ Guide

I know getting a region into green is only half the way. But keeping it to stay green to prevent decay, what I can say, very much a full-time job, you must keep refilling fuel cells in your upgraded applicances, making sure unnecessary electric lights remain off,  all plants watered, tidy house, and some of the big power consumers are the Fabricator and Recycler themselves, if you use those all day would certainly temporary bring the footprint down.

Mine work on a rollercoaster style, it's disappointing when you all hard work turns into neutral, but a good days work around the house I know I can bring it back up.

Message 7 of 10 (2,349 Views)

Eco footprint not changing

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? EP11:1.assets.live-ep11.217
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The eco footprint not changing
What happens when the bug occurs? The eco footprint strung neutral not changing
What do you expect to see? Neutral footprint not changing to green or industrial
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The eco footprint isn't seem to be changing, it only seemed to change, I've made all ten appliances eco friendly and nothing happens 

Message 8 of 10 (2,339 Views)

Re: Eco footprint not changing

★★★★★ Expert
@Lauralollipop01 Did you try to plant some more plants?
Message 9 of 10 (2,325 Views)

Re: Eco footprint not changing

Hero
@Lauralollipop01 Merged your post with an existing thread.

Did you doublecheck if the footprint is turned on in the options ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,307 Views)