Re: Eco Footprint Constantly Changing (Possible Bug)

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ECO] Eco Footprint Constantly Changing (Patch 1.73)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game with the eco lifestyle pack
What happens when the bug occurs? When playing the game my neighborhoods eco footprint is constantly changing drastically really fast even tho I am following the neighborhood voted guidelines and not doing anything different
What do you expect to see? For my eco footprint to not change so much from neutral to green if I haven’t changed anything about how I play
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent I think April patch

Ever since the last patch in April I have had my neighborhoods eco footprint change back and forth between green and neutral almost instantly even tho I have done nothing different in my neighborhood gameplay wise or on my lot and I have green friendly voting options running in my neighborhood.. anybody else having these issues? 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Base Game Version Number, added Tag, adjusted title

Message 1 of 10 (770 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice
@NickJonasnTheAD This is odd I seem to have fixed it somehow by turning off the eco footprint for a little and then turning it back on in settings

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (675 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@NickJonasnTheAD Do you have voting on or off ?

Also have you tested without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

There doesn't really seem to be much inertia on eco footprint. If you're riiiiiiiiiiight on the edge between green and neutral, I've found that even a single person obsessively lighting the fireplace can cause this.

Light fireplace -> neutral

Extinguish -> green

Extinguish -> green

Extinguish -> green

Is it possible that one of your Sims is doing an "industrial" action like lighting a campfire or fireplace?

Message 3 of 10 (742 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’ll try and see if that’s the issue my sims are always lighting the fireplaces in my house autonomously(it’s very annoying) but like it seems as soon as it goes to green it right away goes to the other one it’s really weird it wasn’t doing that before the recent update and I know it’s not the custom clothing I have because I just recently started using cc and I don’t use gameplay mods 

Message 4 of 10 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NickJonasnTheAD Could you doublecheck your game version ? There was another thread about but that was fixed a while ago.

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M172242 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (714 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Message 6 of 10 (703 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@NickJonasnTheAD This is odd I seem to have fixed it somehow by turning off the eco footprint for a little and then turning it back on in settings
Message 7 of 10 (676 Views)

Hero
@NickJonasnTheAD That's good to hear.

I'd say play a little longer and let us know if it comes back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (649 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah I played for a couple hours and it seemed to be fine and even stopped my plants from reverting back to dirt piles every time my eco footprint changed tho that still happens when I change lots or travel to other lots or build mode and coming out of build mode but that’s a different glitch completely 

Message 9 of 10 (599 Views)

Hero
@NickJonasnTheAD Moving this post to tech then

Feel fee to come back if it occurs again. Make sure to tag me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (584 Views)