by kiuston98

Original Post

[ECO] Bits and Pieces Not given

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every pack except, snowy escape, journey to batuu, nifty knitting, moschino, backyard stuff, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen, and luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to go to the Dumpsters in Eco Lifestyle or on your lot or anywhere in any of the worlds and sort out the trash and you wont receive any bits and pieces. When you go up to the recycler you lose everything you put in and you don't get anything back.
What happens when the bug occurs? You don't get any bits or pieces and you lose all your materials that you put into the recycler without getting bits or pieces.
What do you expect to see? I expect bits and pieces given to me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was the patch on December 7th

This happened before and after I took out my mods and after I repaired the game.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 12 (2,799 Views)

Re: Bits and Pieces Not given After Latest Patch

Hero
@kiuston98 Is it like this one that they show as 0 on the recycler: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Bits-and-Pieces-Count-reverts-to-Zero/td-p/947... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes and no, so like I can do all the interactions whether it be on the recycler or on any trash pile or dumpster. They process normally without any lagging or resetting of the sims, but the only thing is no bits or pieces are registered. Also I didn't move my household prior to doing this. Maybe it's the same thing but maybe its worded a bit differently and I'm just missing that. But thank you!

Message 3 of 12 (2,759 Views)

Hero
@kiuston98 Are you still seeing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (2,663 Views)

[ECO] Recycler doesn't give bits or pieces in new saves

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? too many to list
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a new save. Use the Recycler to recycle something.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. Item disappears from inventory but nothing is returned.
What do you expect to see? Bits and/or pieces
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the big update around HSY

I haven't played since the big update around HSY (though I don't have the pack itself). Now whenever I create a new save and try to use the Recycler from Eco Lifestyle, I don't get any bits or pieces. On community lots I get nothing. On my home lot simoleons are returned. I can still get bits/pieces from rummaging in trash.

I tested it in an old save and it seemed to work as normal, returning bits and/or pieces for recycled items.

Message 5 of 12 (2,538 Views)

Re: [ECO] Recycler doesn't give bits or pieces in new saves

Hero
@shinjitenoyami There's been a similar report a while ago here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ECO-Bits-and-Pieces-Not-given/td-p/9834237

is that what you're seeing too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (2,505 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yes but at the time that post was made I was not having this problem. I only started having the problem recently.
Message 7 of 12 (2,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@shinjitenoyami The post is still open so I'll merge this.

Sometimes bugs need a certain trigger to occur and sometimes bugs that have been only seen by a handful suddenly become a general issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (2,478 Views)

★ Guide

Update: Even in an existing save, recycling a burnt item only gives 1 wrench (bit or piece?). Last I checked the whole point of retrieving burnt items from the dumpster was to recycle them for lots of free bits & pieces.

Message 9 of 12 (2,427 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this problem now, did it get resolved for you?

Message 10 of 12 (1,814 Views)