Dummies Already Damaged in Firing Range

★★★ Expert

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DoYaSeeMe
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Firing Range
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Starting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 21.11.2019 around 22:00 CET
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Dummies go down in 2-3 shots.
What should be happening instead? Dummies should take full damage before being downed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a few testers join the firing range around the same time, on the same server, but not in a party. Some of them should punch, shoot or throw grenades at the dummies, while the others should stay and watch if the dummies get damaged or moved around. The observers should also try quitting and joining the firing range again, as the issue may only happen when the session is initialized.

Dummies appear to be already damaged and moved from their locations when joining the Firing Range. The bug's repro rate is around 10-30%, doesn't happen every time. Also, ziplines sometimes move as if there's someone on them, Lifeline's shield appears out of the blue in random locations, the selected legend sometimes talks with an imaginary teammate, footsteps or explosions sounds can be heard at times, etc..

01.JPG02.JPG03.JPG04.JPG

Message 1 of 3 (333 Views)

Re: Dummies Already Damaged in Firing Range

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks, @DoYaSeeMe I think this is related to the issue where player abilities could manifest in another Firing Range. 

Maybe Apex was doing the "Strand game" genre before Death Stranding? Thinking

I think this is on track to be fixed pretty soon, but I'll pop this over to make sure everything is covered.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (296 Views)

Re: Dummies Already Damaged in Firing Range

★★★ Expert
@EA_David Heh, wishful thinking :P. But Kings Canyon does exist in another reality, as seen in Shadowfall, so there must be a parallel training ground as well :P
Message 3 of 3 (271 Views)