Re: Drone

by Trehpike

Original Post

Drone

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything EXCEPT I do NOT have the Modern Menswear Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a drone. Occurs anytime I try to use a drone to record/Stream footage of my sims. Ride a bicycle through Stranger Ville. I start the Drone (Up and Adam or Gotta Stream them All-both fully upgraded)
What happens when the bug occurs? I start a drone recording or streaming. Click on bicycle and select ride around on bicycle. Drone hovers in place where it starts Sim rides away on bicycle. Sim eventually stops to wait for drone to fly to current location. Drone now begins to fly (as the crow flies) straight-directly to my sim's location, not following the sims path but straight in line to the sim. When it arrives the drone hovers in place, sim continues ride, stops and waits, drone now flies directly to sim, in a straight line, not following the sim. When drone arrives Instruct sim to go home. Drone hovers in place, sim returns home using the same thing. Sim rides a way, drone hovers in place until sim stops moving, drone then flies a direct line to sim, sim waits for drone. Drone tends to run out of poer before arriving home since it spends 90 percent of the time hovering in place.
What do you expect to see? I expect the drone to follow and stay a few feet (give or take a few feet) behind the sim like it used to. It appeared as if the drone was "catching" the action of my sim. Now it is just like the drone is tracking my sim instead of following my sim. IT waits for my sim to stop, then flies a direct straight line to my sim. If my sim gets off the bicycle and decides to fish the drone may shut down and land wherever it is or might finally show up at my sim's location.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Drone takes a straight-line path to my sim directly through obstacles, buildings, houses, mountains, rocks trees, doesn't matter it flies through everything, often appearing out of the side of Somone's house In this example the drone came out of the side of the hill behind the planter.

Message 1 of 3 (852 Views)

★★ Pro

Ok there's something wrong with drones generally, there is another bug report about a different drone-related issue here. Please go and click Me too if you're experiencing it too! I guess I should do some testing more broadly if I find the time but clearly others are experiencing issues with Get Famous drones. This thread needs a more descriptive headline, maybe "Drone routing issues" or something? I didn't try on a bike but as my sim was recording a video, the drone would only follow him for "go here" actions but when I went to talk to another sim, the drone stayed in the previous spot and waited until I had walked to the other sim and then my sim had to wait until the drone had arrived to actually start talking to the other sim. Something with the drone routing and the order in which interactions happen seem to be effed up.

So to sum it up: drones don't follow sims properly and sims have to needlessly stand around for the drone to arrive to the destination after the sim has already reached it.

Message 2 of 3 (808 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You classify it however you want; I know you will change it to whatever you think regardless. The facts. It occurs when jogging, walking, nightclub dancing, flea market activities, basketball, fishing, swimming, boating, Stranger Ville scenario, scientist Career scenarios, bowling, singing, frog jigging. When I use a drone, the drone remains hovering in place until my sim stops moving, the drone then joins up and my sim moves again while the drone remains hovering in place. When the drone "joins up" it will fly straight, in a line, directly through anything and everything in its path. Nowhere in this description did I refer to my issue as " I can't record other people." Yes, your summation is generally correct, my sim sits there and waits for the drone to get there. 

Drones used to follow my celebrity sims up and down multitiered staircases, jogging, biking, dancing, restaurants, Award ceremonies, red Carpet events, Acting engagements, scientist career. Etc. Excluding "Rabbit Holes" or Spell Caster "transportelate spell" or Wellness "Teleportation" - things that disrupt the normal flow of time and space. I did however have the drones follow me to the Sylvan Glade on more than one occasion- the drone would wait outside the tree entrance -once my sim was in the sylvan Glade the drone would fly in a few moments later typically run out of power and be put into inventory for the return to home trip.

The main point here is this. I go for a jog, bike ride, walk, hike, etc. where in my sim moves away from the drone, the drone hovers where it is at until my sim stops moving, then the drone flies in a line directly to my sim, disregarding route, objects, sims, cats, dogs, buildings, cars, trees, mountains, terrain, etc. My sim remains where it is until the drone joins up, then my sim returns to activity for approximately one minute, stops and waits as the drone catches up. eventually the drone runs out of battery and lands somewhere along the straight path which can be inside of a building, inside of a mountain, in a waterfall, etc., and becomes irretrievable, unless I can access the building. There seems to be a 50/50 chance of eventually my drone will be found propped up against my mail box one day. It does not follow for "go here" actions in general. It is if my sim moves away from the drone at any significant speed, or direction to lose line of sight connection the drone hovers in place until my sim stops and it can rejoin the sim.

Gone are the days that a drone followed my Celebrity sim on a guitar music video. Used to have a rock star jamming on the guitar standing on top of the lighthouse and would move him about while a thunderstorm raged in the back ground, (all the while I recorded the video on screen to create a death metal rock music video with cuts to fans reactions and a lead female singer to a keyboardist and violins...)

Classify it however you want. I gave you the facts, details, pictures. I checked your "drone-related issue "(here)" and there is nothing but a list of what platform the person used, and another post saying "me too" and a link to a dance floor where a drone flies in. No problem description, no what was going on at the time, etc. And the title is Drones can't record other people. If I say I experienced that too, then what about the rest of it? The Phantasm Drone of death flying through anything and everything? But just to satisfying your HR dominated Classification System where all problems are caused by the person reporting the problem, sure, I have issues with trying to record other people too. Even though that is not what I put this report up about. But yes, If I say " start recording of - Bob Pickles" the drone will land and disengage.  I once streamed Nancy Landgrab on her endless Forest Gump "runs" and retrieved the drone from where she went off camera, at the end of the neighborhood. I followed her through seven worlds, always in her jogging outfit, world to world, joined the videos together and uploaded it as a viral video. Now I select "begin recording of-select person-drone disengages-lands-done". I refuse to click "me too" since that is NOT the problem I came here to report. Sure, yes, I have the same issue, but I don't record Bob Pickles as often as I would like to record Bernard Krimshaw, Lea Martinez and Kriton as they are about to battle the mother plant in Stranger Ville where heroic battles are time constrained and standing around waiting for a drone while dodging attacks from a mad alien plant intent on world domination makes for certain problems!

Message 3 of 3 (765 Views)