Dream home decorator is broken

by Quintus17

Original Post

Dream home decorator is broken

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Multiple
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play dream home decorator and you'll see how broken it is. This feels like it wasn't playtested at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dream home decorator is broken. I played until career level 8 with my Sim and this would've been one of my favourite packs, except for the bugs. I only ever received gigs from two clients, which made the building incredibly repetitive. I did every room in both their houses, then would do commercial gigs, but eventually I got sick of having to use the same objects and style in every build. Second, the only type of gigs that worked were renovations. Anything that was an addition (level addition, walk in wardrobe addition, etc) wouldn't work. Which again made gameplay very repetitive when I had to keep going back to the same house and redoing the same room because it was the only one that worked. Thirdly, half the time different tools don't work- it'll let me change the wallpaper in one room, but not the next, even if I'm doing a whole ground floor renovation. It'll let me remove walls and build them back, and then suddenly it won't let me anymore and I'm stuck with something half built. Fourth, renovating the penthouses in San Myshuno is broken, doesn't work. Won't let you in. I wanted to love this pack but it's so broken I wonder why it was released. What's the point in playing when I can only do two types of renovations (room or level) for only two clients? It gets real repetitive real fast. And now my save file is full of janky half renovated lots that I'm going to have to go back and fix.
What do you expect to see? I expect all the gig types to work. I expect more than 2 clients when you've taken enough jobs to get up to level 8. I expect the build tools to work as expected (for room additions), or to be consistently limited (some jobs I can change the wallpaper, sometimes I can't). This pack clearly wasn't finished or playtested thoroughly when released and is a waste of money for what could have been my favourite pack.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Mmm

Message 1 of 2 (1,702 Views)

Re: Dream home decorator is broken

EA DICE Team

Hey there @Quintus17 

We ask everyone to make a bug report for each bug they experience in-game it helps us track items a lot better and cleaner experience on the forum.

If you see a bug report that is similar to what you have experienced, please add a comment to it or click “Me too.”

Thank you, and with that said, I am closing this topic.

/Atic

Message 2 of 2 (1,638 Views)