by QueenTitania92

Original Post

Dream Home Decorator - Bugs in the career

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest update, don't know the number
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pretty much everything, the problem is within Dream Home Decorator though
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Accept a job in the dream home decorator career and choose "accompany sim to work". 2. After finishing a home decorating job, call back the clients and choose to stay for the reveal. 3. Ask clients about their wishes for the project or their likes and dislikes.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. Sim arrives at the client's home and immediately leaves/disappears, a notification says that the sim is off to work. Have to stay at the client's lot and do nothing or click "leave work early" and earn a bad reputation and no money. 2. In the few occurences that I am able to actually decorate the home, my sim leaves the lot even though I chose to stay for the reveal. 3. Asking about client's likes gives me the same like twice. My list looked like this: video games - color white - fitness - video games.
What do you expect to see? 1. I expect to be able to actually do the job and decorate the home of the client instead of just being beamed away upon arrival. 2. Sim stays and I can do the reveal myself. 3. There shouldn't be the same like/hobby/etc twice, they all should be different.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please update soon so the career is actually playable.

Message 1 of 15 (11,318 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator - Bugs in the career

Hero
@QueenTitania92 Do you get a pop-up to go to the gig or are you travelling manually/going too early ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (11,303 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm going there via the popup since I don't know where some of the families live and don't wanna search for them. My sim disappears as "gone to work" as soon as I arrive on the lot. Sometimes I manage to be quick enough to stop the action but usually I can't since it's like immediately. 

Message 3 of 15 (11,282 Views)

Hero
@QueenTitania92 Your own Sim leaves ? Think I misunderstood that.

Have you tried a game repair yet ? Tested if it happens with other Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (11,276 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, my own sim leaves and it's just like if I'd chosen to not accompany her to work at all. Got the same problem with a newly made sim as well. Tried a fix too, yes. Unfortunately nothing is working so far. 

Message 5 of 15 (11,266 Views)

Hero
@QueenTitania92 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (11,258 Views)

★★★ Novice

Cooking dinner right now but will do! Thanks for helping. It's super frustrating..

Message 7 of 15 (11,251 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Here's the save - thanks for checking this out. Tried finding the bug again after dinner but as I said, nothing seems to be helping.

I've tried with a game repair again - not working. 

Reinstalled my mods since there doesn't seem to be a difference having them in there or not. Don't know Raised eyebrow DHD is driving me crazy.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 8 of 15 (11,209 Views)

Hero
@QueenTitania92 I tested your save. I didn't actually get a popup but the game was stuck on endless game loading when I loaded that household. Don't know if that is cause the game is currently saved while taking a picture.

Anyways, what I did was load another house and then back to your household with the gig person. That seemed to fix the game loading in process.

After that I got the pop-up and she travelled to the lot. I didn't change anything and just had a renovation without reveal (which of course failed) but I didn't see the symptoms you were.

Are you also seeing the endless game loading process (build mode greyed out in your home lot) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (11,153 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, have the endless saving thingy too. Was a pain in the ... to get past that. Somehow it saved while she went to take a picture. Super annoying.

I'm still getting the bug, wish I knew what's causing it. I since reinstalled everything and it's still there Frown 

Mods don't seem to be causing it, since I wiped them all and same mistake. 

Did you try more than once? It doesn't happen every time I travel to a lot but 2 out of 3 I'd say. Last one was a simple room renovation. 

Message 10 of 15 (11,146 Views)