Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download Past 100%

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PlayStation 5
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? CaptainPrototype
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Luancing Apex
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Launching Apex
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 3 November 2021 13:09 GMT+2 (Standard South African Time)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? It downloads past 100% and i cant launch the game it just says 99+ hours left to finish download and drained my data, im currently on 43.69/43.21GB wich is past the required amount
What should be happening instead? It should stop at 100% aka 43.21GB and install and let me play, not go past 43.69 already
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By me sending a photo or video or mabey using a few diffirent PS5s to test for yourselves

It has done this before and usually all i had to do was delte the update and try again, this time it didn't work and still went past again, i have throttled my Wifi installing Apex 2 times now and downloading Demon's Souls and Kena Bridge of Spirits and Godfall, and downloading Apex a 3d time on my now 300kb line is not ideal

Message 1 of 2 (335 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Download Past 100%

Community Manager

Hey @Bruh_Wazzup

I've seen a few reports of this happening with other games as well. It seems like it could be a visual error with the download size. What happens if you try launching Apex Legends on your PS5? I saw some people mention that might let you see the correct download progress to see how much is actually left in the update. 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (299 Views)

All Replies

Re: Download Past 100%

Community Manager

Hey @Bruh_Wazzup

I've seen a few reports of this happening with other games as well. It seems like it could be a visual error with the download size. What happens if you try launching Apex Legends on your PS5? I saw some people mention that might let you see the correct download progress to see how much is actually left in the update. 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (300 Views)