Doors not working after update

by Kaitsuka

Original Post

Doors not working after update

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats&Dogs, Dine out, City living, Get to work, Seasons, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Holiday Celebration pack, Legacy edition, Tiny living, Laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After playing for a minute the sim cannot use the door to enter nor exit the house. Even deleting the walls doesn't help. This also happens to my friend who uses PC. She doesn't own any packs just the normal game. NO CC.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim cannot exit nor enter their house.
What do you expect to see? Fix it. I want the doors to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't have any. My game keeps crashing.

Message 1 of 6 (591 Views)

Re: Doors not working after update

Hero
@Kaitsuka What lot are you playing ? Does that happen with every Sim/Lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict This is happening to me too. I am playing Brindleton Bay - Domus Familiaris. Playing on a Mac, have no CC, use all expansion packs except the Star Wars one. Also have no kits. (Lost track of the many game and stuff packs I have though).

Have tried deleting doors and building them again. Have tried resetting sim and locking/unlocking doors for various people; still not working. TIA!

…and only is like this for one of the two sims living in the house - the other is fine.

[CM - Edited to merge consecutive posts]

Message 3 of 6 (494 Views)

Hero
@Rosievondee Did you change anything about the house ? There's this known issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Routing-Fails-on-Agave-Abode/td-p/8008615 but that's mostly for bathrooms.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (467 Views)

★ Guide

@Kaitsuka  and @Rosievondee I've had issues not being able to get into my house. You could try what I do when this happens to me and I am able to clear it by having the Sim travel to another world by using travel through the phone. Give it a try and see if it will work for you both.

Message 5 of 6 (444 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@TwinGoddessLA thank you Standard smile
Message 6 of 6 (418 Views)