Doors keeping family out but letting everyone else in

by Ozlem80

Original Post

Doors keeping family out but letting everyone else in

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020 (HS patch)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, High-school years, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, My Wedding Stories, Werewolves, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, all kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a house with multiple doors. Try leaving some unlocked and other locked for everyone but household then some with locked for everyone but household and employees/butler.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my family autonomously go outside they are unable to get inside, this includes pets and servo. There is no fix, unless the sims has teleport (wellness) they are unable to get inside the house again. Toddlers, children, servo, butler, pets all stuck outside. Utility bots and drones too. Meanwhile random acquaintances are able to move freely in and out of the house.
What do you expect to see? Family, pets, employees and robots all able to move freely in and out of house, even when doors are locked appropriately for them to be the only ones with access to house. For acquaintances, well anyone that is not a part of the family and do not have keys, to not freely walk into my home and loiter there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.90.375.1020 (HS patch) - prior to this patch, even with high school pack, the doors worked appropriately.

I've tried everything I can think of, removing all mods and cc, starting a new game, installing new doors, leaving all doors the one setting (all unlocked, all locked except for family etc), nothing solves this.

I should note yesterday everything was fine with the doors, no issue, but today I made a garden utility bot and servo and now this has happened. I had multiple random sims enter my home before it happened as well. They just stopped working. It first happened to my adult sims, then my pet, servo, then everyone else. One point i had all the family outside waving hands in the air with the unable to access thought bubble while random sims were entering the house. Only way around it was teleport (wellness). I'm currently looking to see if there is a cheat to teleport everyone else back inside, including pets, butlers and servo. I'm going to just remove doors and break a wall so I can play until the doors work, maybe they will magically work tomorrow like they did yesterday? 

I'm sorry I have no clue what caused the bug to trigger.

I hate they're stuck outside in a thunderstorm rn, so many fear debuffs lol. 

Message 1 of 2 (614 Views)

Re: Doors keeping family out but letting everyone else in

Hero
@Ozlem80 Which lot are you playing ? Can you duplicate it if you move the family to a different lot for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (584 Views)