Door/fence locking faulty

by alienxxgamer

Original Post

Door/fence locking faulty

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Baatu and the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock a door or fence on your lot, and then try to make a sim the door is locked for walk through it. It doesn't always happen, but it happens a lot so I'm not sure exactly what to do to make it happen.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim can walk through the door or fence that is locked to them. They then cannot walk back out of the door/fence and are trapped until it is unlocked or they are teleported out.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not be able to walk through doors or fences that are locked to them. Also, locks should work the same in both directions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims both in my household and NPC sims can frequently walk through doors or fences that are locked to them but then are unable to walk out becoming trapped. For household sims its an easy fix with teleporting but annoying all the same, and with NPCs you have to unlock. I'm not sure when it started, I think it's been a couple of years, but it's now happening most of the time.

Message 1 of 3 (436 Views)

Re: Door/fence locking faulty

Hero
@alienxxgamer Do you mean gates or do they walk through the actual fence ?

Have you tried turning them 180° ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (415 Views)

Re: Door/fence locking faulty

★★ Pro
@alienxxgamer Yeah me too, I'm seeing some sort of weird behaviour on locked doors but it's hard to pinpoint what exactly is happening. Sometimes it resolves when I unlock and then lock the door again.. Until it happens again. And when I lock Club doors, new members can't walk through until I unlock+lock again.
Message 3 of 3 (405 Views)