Re: Dolby Atmos does not work in BF1

by Snipe3000

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have problems with that. Before that new Windows option in the Creators Update games switched to Atmos or at least I could enable it. Speaker setup was 5.1.

I have the new option in Windows "Dolby Atmos for home theater". When I switch and test in the Dolby Access app it works with the Dolby Atmos speakers but nothing else, no sound in games and so on. Also I can't configure speaker setup, it crashes. Restart is not working, I have to uninstall and reinstall NVidia drivers again to be able to at least use 5.1 settings. What's the problem? Frown

Setup:

GTX 980ti, HDMI 2.0b cable to HDCP HDMI 2.0b input in

Onkyo TX-NR656

Newest drivers and firmware.

Dolby Atmos with Blu Rays work - but not with the PC, before Creators Update I had Dolby Atmos. Wished the new option in windows wouldn't have these issues (made a clean install of Windows). Any idea what's wrong?

Message 21 of 33 (3,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Sounds like a similar problem my friend has, but to date we have been unable to solve, he has AMD VC. Although now that I think about it, we haven't tried anything since the creators update...Hmm. but same sounding problem...it almost seems like an HDMI issue...try running anydvd and an Atmos Blu-ray, with the proper filters, u can bitstream Atmos/DTSX/Auro3D. See what happens..
Message 22 of 33 (3,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I enjoyed playing Battlefront and Battlefield in Atmos before Creators Update. Actually I use the same HDMI cable as for the blu ray player, both directly connected to the receiver in the right ports which support it. So I don't think it is the cable but really don't know what could be the problem. If you and your friend have some new info, please let me know thanks.

Message 23 of 33 (3,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Well, actually, I went out and bought a $100 HDMI cable just to ensure less headaches, and so far it's paid off, quite nicely Standard smile so far for me, since then and a new Marantz AVR7010, ZERO HEADACHES Standard smile
I do think it's time to upgrade my 390 though...
Message 24 of 33 (3,639 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Problem solved:

I manually deleted in the device Manager all the NVidia Audio Drivers. I disabled the onboard VIA HD device in that Audio section.

I reinstalled the newest NVidia Driver (with advanced Option, clean install), then I restarted and opened Dolby Access app and then enabled "Dolby Atmos for home Theater", tried some Videos and managed to make the Speaker Setup. Dolby Atmos now also works in Battlefield and so on.

Since I did this several times on older Drivers some weeks ago, I think something got fixed from NVidia oder MS.

Regards, Oliver

Message 25 of 33 (3,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was planning on going Atmos soon myself, but i already experienced the same wierd glitch on trying to get 4k 60hz to work on the tv.  In order to get 4k to work i needed an active display port converter to hdmi to get 4k 60hz to work.  you can get 30 hertz  with a non active display port to work, and i can only get 1080p to work off the video card  hdmi port even with certified 4.0a hdmi cables. so.... I would have assumed the same thing for the atmos imput actually.   So it almost makes sense. I also have a  AMD Fury... which has a slightly newer hdmi port revision. It also supports  HDR  from Display port also! So i'm totally suprised at that, since its not advertised HDR on  1st gen cards!   Thanks. 

Message 26 of 33 (3,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

yeah, im glad they have implemented the immersive surround into windows, however, as always, they always leave it up to us, as consumers to troubleshoot it for them, as with most software these days. Ive upgraded yet again to a 7011, and as its a top of the line receiver, it auto's into everything, but i remember when I didnt have a top end receiver and how goofy things were, trying different things, cables, setups..its just a royal mess. Im guessing they just threw it in to the mess and hoped for the best..and again, let us sort it out. I havent gone the 4k route as you are finding out, its just far too much in its infancy stage and I'll give it a few years at this point. Honestly at this point, I hope that they implement Auro3D, its far superior to Atmos, in fact Atmos, for having as many options available to it, its the most lackluster immersive audio format, sadly. So unprecise, so inaccurate. They have a lot of work to do still it seems...and in the new beta for Battlefront 2, as I gave it an hour of my life, they seem to have removed the Atmos aspect from it, if the beta is any sign of things to come...so who knows where we go from here...build something up, then take it away, sound like the EA way of doing things..wouldnt you say?

Message 27 of 33 (3,359 Views)

★★★ Novice
Was anyone able to figure this out? I'm running into the same issue where it only works if I reinstall the video drives and don't restart.
Message 28 of 33 (2,473 Views)

★ Novice

Hello

Sorry for digging this up but I just tried to enable Dolby Atmos on Windows 11. Thing is that I can turn o nthe DOLBY Atmos button but my DENON x3700 receiver will not recognize the bitstream as Dolby Atmos and can only Select Multi channel in or Stereo.

I have installed the Dolby Atmos software from Windows store and enabled it for Home Theater. Nonetheless, this is what I get.

Any clues?

Message 29 of 33 (646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I'm pretty sure the game outputs Dolby Atmos though HDMI cable if Atmos is enabled in BF1's audio settings. Run a HDMI cable from your video card to the audio receiver. The audio receiver needs to support video passthrough so it can output HDMI video to a monitor.

Make sure the HDMI monitor is selected in BF1 video settings.

Then go in Nvidia Control Panel settings and select the HDMI monitor hooked up to the receiver as the HDMI digital audio device. I don't think the Dolby App is needed. I think BF1 handles the Atmos encoding.

IMG_20221126_231815.jpg

If the TV, video card, and audio receiver all support HDMI 2.1 then you can use eARC instead. 

Run HDMI cable from video card to TV. Then another HDMI cable from TV's eARC port to audio receiver.

Message 30 of 33 (624 Views)