Re: Dodge is not dodging in correct direction

by DarthFDG

Original Post

Dodge is not dodging in correct direction

Hero

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? In-Game Store & Crates
Summarize your bug When I hold down a direction key (e.g. w) and press dodge, the character will sometimes dodge in the opposite direction I'm pressing.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 01/24/19
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Play Heroes vs. Villians as Rey. 2. Get into a scuffle the the villians. 3. Try to dodge out of the way.
What happens when the bug occurs? As described, dodge goes in different direction.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

This is an incredibly annoying bug, as you try to dodge away and sometimes dodge directly into the enemy!

BTW - This was happening before the Dooku release.  I finally got around to reporting it.  Standard smile

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 1 of 23 (1,775 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DarthFDG 

Yeah, this BUG is old, I don't know why I didn't report it earlier, but I suppose there are so many bugs I had forgotten about this one.

This actually happens when you get immobilized by an enemy and dodges right when you get released. When you do this you'll always dodge in the opposite direction that you're trying to dodge (left becomes right, forward becomes backwards, etc.). It's an annoying BUG indeed, especially on maps that you can fall (like kashyyyk)

Message 2 of 23 (1,755 Views)

Hero

@EA_Atic - 25 points and still no sign of this getting addressed.

Word up?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 3 of 23 (1,667 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @DarthFDG  as far I'm aware we are not tracking any dodge issues to what you described above.

I have personally never had that issue my self while playing. 

How often do you see this today? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 23 (1,630 Views)

Hero

@EA_Atic wrote:

Hey, @DarthFDG  as far I'm aware we are not tracking any dodge issues to what you described above.

I have personally never had that issue my self while playing. 

How often do you see this today? 

/Atic 

every single HVV match.

It looks like multiple other people have the issue based on the number of points for this issue.

Message 5 of 23 (1,626 Views)

EA DICE Team

Points on the forum post is based on time in this case and some other factors. Not related to how many posted in this case. @DarthFDG 

What M&K do you use and do you use its drivers? 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 23 (1,618 Views)

Hero

@EA_Atic wrote:

Points on the forum post is based on time in this case and some other factors. Not related to how many posted in this case. @DarthFDG 

What M&K do you use and do you use its drivers? 

/Atic 

I'm currently using Logitech G502 mouse and prior Dell standard mouse.  Both have the same issue.  The Logitech is using the Logitech gaming software and showing Microsoft drivers, which I believe is the way it works with that software.  (I see no separate Logitech G502 drivers to download.)

Keyboard is standard Dell wired keyboard.  I'm not cool enough to have a mechanical keyboard.  Standard smile  Using Microsoft drivers.

I'm running Windows 10 1903, although it was happening on prior 1809 (and prior) as well.

For what it's worth, I use one of the buttons on the mouse to dodge.

Message 7 of 23 (1,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Atic 
This BUG is a day 1 BUG never solved. Multiple people have reported this already. It's an issue with dodging in specific moments. Those moments can be when you've just stood up after being knocked back, have just got free of an immobilization or stun, sometimes even stagger effects can result in this dodge bug.

What's very accurate in this BUG is the fact that the direction it goes is opposite to the one you've chosen to go. This is consistent everytime this BUG is triggered.

I'll prepare a special test just for this and try to bring the footage here still today.

Message 8 of 23 (1,595 Views)

Hero

While we're at it, let's ensure the development team is working on this other Day 1 bug, which is NOT working "as designed".  Please make sure that bug does NOT show as resolved in this forum.

Message 9 of 23 (1,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Poking the team on the dodge issue and see what they say. 

On the link, you posted @DarthFDG, as my colleague explained that is working as intended and for reference, we did talk to the people designing that system. The topic will remain marked as solved.

/Atic 

Message 10 of 23 (1,507 Views)