Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dodge Stuck BUG - Getting Stuck Anywhere With Anyone After a Roll or Dash

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Performing a Dodge in irregular terrain, corners, stairs, ramps, debris, etc. may cause your character to get Stuck
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RogueZeroRendar
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? Many dates
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Many times
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to dodge in any of the places shown in the video provided in the description below
What happens when the bug occurs? Your character gets stuck, just like old Stuck BUGs, and only a staggering, immobilizing, or forced movement attack/ability can get you out of this state besides dying/respawning
What do you expect to see? It gets fixed. This issue didn't exist (or was far harder to achieve) before either the October or November updates
Please select your region Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

[March/2019] I discovered a new method of getting rid of this BUG: Block something with the final bit of your stamina, and this will fix the BUG:

If you successfully block and this causes you to become out of stamina, it creates a stagger effect, and a stagger effect frees you from the Dodge Stuck BUG (actually it fixes any Stuck BUG besides the one caused by bad collision/geometry).

[January/2019]Check the video where I compiled my Arcade tests to show that this BUG is much more then a simple collision issue on certain places of certain maps. There can be no other explanation then a new BUG, associated with irregular geometry and dodging on it, instead of a bunch of old places suddenly becoming death traps that no one stumbled upon before October.

At first I tried a place it had happened to me with my beloved Rey as a test subject. It worked, I reproduced it in arcade. Then I tried somewhere else, where it had never happened to me before, but that I thought the geometry was exactly the one I needed to trigger this bug if my claim was right. And it worked.

Then I tried with other dash dodging heroes on other maps, and I managed to do with all of them in at least 2 different places in every map available in arcade.

Then I tried roll dodging heroes, and to my surprise it worked with them as well. Then I tried with reinforcements, and it worked with them as well. Finally I tried with the Officer for a normal trooper, and it also worked.

So this BUG affects any non vehicle class that dodges in places "difficult" to move (debris, corners, stairs, uneven terrain, slopes).

And the only way to get rid of the bug without the need of dying, respawning or quitting, is by being targetted by any staggering, immobilizing or forced movement attack/skill. As Saber Wielders can only hit you with such moves, they are your best hope of getting out of the bug. If a shooter starts shooting at you, you're pretty much dead.

Message 1 of 22 (3,559 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Luke stuck between rocks

★★★★★ Expert

Ok so I'm closing this one off because my recent tests showed this isn't an issue anymore.When they actually said this was fixed, in reality it wasn't as my tests proved it and can be seen on OP. But then they never mentioned this again, and I've tested this recently to discover it's "fixed".

TBH, it's not exactly fixed, as you can still get stuck, but if you Dodge while stuck you get free everytime. To me this is enough of a fix, no need to spend more resources on this issue. It also seem to happen less frequently, maybe its trigger is now harder to activate.

So yeah, one less BUG to annoy us. Good work DICE!

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (3,168 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dodge Stuck BUG - Getting Stuck Anywhere With Anyone

★★★★ Pro

Awesome research, thanks for your contribution!

Message 2 of 22 (3,463 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thanks @grimmace2

But I hope EA get this evidence and start doing something with it, instead of ignoring it while giving attention to reports that are actually a multitude of suggestions to many different things at once and not a bug report at all.

I'm getting very annoyed now when playing HvV as I have to avoid dodging when I'm in this type of place that you can get stuck with a dodge. One of the things I most liked about saber heroes is that they can use uneven terrain and places full of debris as a way to avoid saber combat. I use that all the time when I'm Rey and I'm getting 3 DS saber villains at once on me. They may destory me in the open, but near a cliff or many boxes I keep fooling them by quickly traversing hard terrain while they bump and fail to predict my movement.

While this BUG exists, I can't do that anymore.

BTW, the game is so full of BUGs that playing HvV now feels 50% BUG avoiding and 50% actually playing. How many times I must test my defense for the Disabled Block BUG not to kill me, or fear Maul's throw as it can randomly send me to the nearest pit no matter the direction it is, or timing when to release my block if I'm caught by Vader's Choke Half Effect BUG, or avoiding Luke's and Maul's corpses as they may hurt me to death, or waiting for Rey's character model to resume looking forward so I can Dash Strike without triggering the Dash Strike Orientation BUG, and the list goes on and on and on.

Message 3 of 22 (3,347 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yeah, it can be frustrating to be sure.  Had a match the other day where I was Han 1v1 with Palps.  I was able to come away victorious but with limited health left.  I started running to catch up with my teammates and as I was running over his body, I was shocked again and killed.  I didn't know what else to do besides just laugh.  

Message 4 of 22 (3,332 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Another piece of evidence for this BUG from PS4 player and main forum member lerodemmy:

Message 5 of 22 (3,292 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This BUG is still present as of Dooku's January 23rd Patch Update

Message 6 of 22 (3,250 Views)

[ Edited ]

It seems like this is still happening after the Dooku update. Made it so far as to the front page of SWBFII reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/ajs2a6/spent_30m_searching_for_a_clone_wars_ma...

Message 7 of 22 (3,237 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@RogueOneKenobi experienced this BUG twice in the same match on the same spot, just after dodging (as explained on OP's video). I'd like to share it here as more evidence (both links are to the same video, but with the correct time stamps to see the BUG):

And

Message 8 of 22 (3,205 Views)

Hello everyone! The patch notes for tomorrows update (27-02-2019) are live, you can find them here.

It also included this line:

> Fixed an animation issue where Heroes would occasionally get stuck in map geometry when performing the dash movement over an edge.

So I am excited to (hopefully) see this bug fixed!

Message 9 of 22 (3,164 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm hopeful! This BUG must go with haste, it really hurts anyone playing with a Hero in GA, and it also hurts HvV a lot.

Like the Jakku statement I commented on the report about the previous phase markers stuck on screen, they also wrongly stated this BUG would occur to heroes after dashing over edges. This isn't the only case, as I've shown in the video. It can happen to any non vehicle class in any type of weird geometry, not only dashing over edges. Dash isn't even the proper name of the ability, it's dodge. And if they tried to reference the Dash Dodge, then it's also incomplete because roll dodges also produce this.

They really need to make better patch notes, but if they fix the BUGs, I don't care they mess up their explanations like they did with the chickens in Takodana. Better a BUG fixed, then really accurate patch notes.

Message 10 of 22 (3,150 Views)