Docking Causes black screen

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DrW1g
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Dogfight
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. In mission 9, last part. Whenever I dock with the star destroyer, coming back out results in no 3D graphics (black screen) but with targeting recticles etc. still visible. Makes it unplayable after docking
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Mission 9, last checkpoint
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 21.11.2020 20:35
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can play, but it's highly frustrating
What happens when the bug occurs? In mission 9, last part. Whenever I dock with the star destroyer, coming back out results in no 3D graphics (black screen) but with targeting recticles etc. still visible. Makes it unplayable after docking
What do you expect to see? after docking and returning to the game, that the graphics are visible!
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." inteceptor, but it doesn't matter what ship
What components were you using? standard
Which customizations (if any) were you using? none

In mission 9, last part. Whenever I dock with the star destroyer, coming back out results in no 3D graphics (black screen) but with targeting recticles etc. still visible. Makes it unplayable after docking.

Performance and bugs have been terrible since v2.0.  It ran really well before this patch.......

Message 1 of 15 (8,754 Views)

Re: Docking Causes black screen

★★★ Novice
@DrW1g I'm seeing the same issue in Mission 9. I'm assuming I can swap out ships when I'm on the verge of dying. It seems to let me but then I can see anything, only game audio works, and there is a "busy/loading" icon on the screen. You can get the menu to display, but not the game itself.
Message 2 of 15 (8,725 Views)

★★ Novice

Not only in Mission 9. This happens to me even in Multiplay. Fly to the hangar results in a black gaming screen. Many ppl have this problem but EA does nothing about it (yet). 

Message 3 of 15 (8,692 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@henni2019 i love challenges as much as the next person but this is above my skillgrade
XD
Message 4 of 15 (8,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EAcrew

Issue:

- After docking animation with the empire cap ship (3rd part of the mission), except for none canvas elements, the screen is black

- The display goes dark, except for the Empire Cap ship's Dock UI icon and the mission objective Destroy UI Icon.

Where the issue happens:

- Mission 9, 3rd section

Screen is dark, except for certain elements:

- During gameplay, mission objectives (top middle)

- During gameplay, the Empire Cap ship's Dock UI icon and the mission objective Destroy UI Icon is displayed properly

- During gameplay, pressing the Loadout menu button displays the ship components properly

- When docked, the ship selection UI is displayed properly but everything else is full black screen.

- When un-docking, the animation of fighter leaving the cap ship is dark.

- Load / Save system Icon animation (the squares located at the bottom left of the screen)

- Pause menu elements display properly

Screen is normal when:

- When docking into the ship (after dark screen), docking animation and the background elements are displayed properly

Other comments:

- Sounds and sound feedback works normally

- Control input and control feedback works normally

- Gameplay (lock-on, shoot, AI interactions) works normally

Tests I did:

- Restarting from checkout removes the black screen but the bug still happens after docking.

- Switching between each ship (fighter, interc, support), no change.

- Destroying enemy sub-system (left shield and targeting system)and docking afterwards, no change

- Changed video settings (resolution, fullscreen/windowed), no change

- Restart from Checkpoint + straight to ship docking/undocking = black screen / no change
- Disabling enemy targeting + docking/undocking = black screen / no change
- Rebooting computer, no change

- Checked the games files with Origin software

Settings:

- GeForce v460.89 Released on: 12/15/2020

- 2 screens but game is displayed on main screen

- All display settings on high / 1 notch lower from highest setting

- Also tested with Geforced experience Optimized settings with no improvement

Steam Forum has the same issue:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1222730/discussions/0/5118863332773827720/

(not subscribed to replies but feel free to reach out via Origin)

Message 5 of 15 (8,613 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wait... is... is this a super secret hidden Sith mission?

Challenge accepted *puts on mouth guard*

lol

Message 6 of 15 (8,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DrW1g Same for me, managed to beat mission 9, but am stuck on 10 because it is impossible without being able to heal or change munitions
Message 7 of 15 (8,519 Views)

★ Novice

This is what happens when the EA Pharaoh cracks the whip on the delevoper team to complete a game in 8 months - the slaves do * work and the results crumble away.

This game is so disappointing and in typical EA fashion, rushed out of the gates. It's not even a AAA title at that

Message 8 of 15 (8,499 Views)

★ Novice

Has this been addressed with all the patches?  I'm still experiencing a black screen in VR when I dock and relaunch on a couple of campaign mission.  No reticle or any other UI.  There is sound and I can tell that my controls are functioning.  I can go back out to the menu and back to the game.  However, it's still black.  The only way I'm able to get graphics again is to start from the last checkpoint.  This time, I can't complete the mission against the StarHawk due to this, as the checkpoint is before I dock.  This doesn't happen to me in MP.  

Message 9 of 15 (8,452 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue for me.  This is unplayable right now!!!  I am very upset.  Especially since my set up cost so much just for this game.

Message 10 of 15 (8,412 Views)