★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Ryzen 7 2700x
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB 3000 Mhz
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. at fort tarsis in particular
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.26.19 01:00 pm
Summarize your bug Dlss causes an excessive shaking on screen with objects in the distance
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use dlss, go on an expedition, i didn't notice anything in expeditions but when you come back to fort tarsis textures will be shaking
What happens when the bug occurs? Lots of texture shaking
What should be happening instead? smooth textures, improved performance

Dlss is broken on release for anthem. When im in fort tarsis is when this screen shaking is most noticeable, i have video evidence i can share via email or you can check reddit. My monitor is 1440p 144htz, with a EVGA 2070

Message 1 of 5 (183 Views)

Re: Dlss is broken

★★★ Newbie

I was pretty excited to check  out the dlss support in Anthem after their patch today, so I anxiously hopped on to try some of the things they added in 1.0.4.  I turned on the dlss, allowed nvidia to screenshot the "epic" moments, only to arrive in Tarsis with a screen shake that (forgive the insensitivity) made me feel as though I had Parkinson's disease. I changed and tweaked every possible video option HOPING that it wasn't the dlss option causing it (the optimist in me wanted to switch the dlss option off last) and that it was just another video option interacting poorly with the new feature. Alas...it was not. However, even though that particular option wasn't working as intended, I still managed a 25 fps increase from before, so a minor victory, all in all?

Message 2 of 5 (150 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Go to the Nvidia control panel and enable DSR. Restart game and check again. It should show up and be clickable then. 

Message 3 of 5 (117 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only way round this issue, that I've found, is to go into the game settings, switch DLSS off, then hit the apply settings, give it a few seconds to let the game engine apply settings, while your still in the settings, re-enable DLSS, apply settings and that should stop the flickering. You'll have to do this for every section you load into, such as the fort and you'll then have to repeat this after you've loaded outside the fort. The upside is the game looks good and you gain the extra frames if you do this, or at least that's what works for me. I hope they fix this soon, it is really annoying.

Message 4 of 5 (83 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alt Tabbing Fixes it for that section. 

Message 5 of 5 (77 Views)
Twitter Stream