Re: Distorted Audio in Every Lot in Forgotten Hollow at x3 Game Speed

by lizbug56

Original Post

Distorted Audio in Every Lot in Forgotten Hollow at x3 Game Speed

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, & Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Head to Forgotten Hollow, go to any of the lots, and put your game on x3 speed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The audio in the game becomes "fizzy" and distorted. I've been to other worlds, and put my game on 3x speed, and the audio is just fine. It only happens in Forgotten Hollow. This also happens when my Sim is sleeping in Forgotten Hollow.
What do you expect to see? While I'm in Forgotten Hollow, I expect to see that when I put my game in x3 speed, or when my Sim is sleeping in Forgotten Hollow, that the audio isn't fizzy and distorted, and that the audio sounds normal in the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, basically, in my game, I am having audio problems. In order for this to happen, I head to Forgotten Hollow, and I can be anywhere in the world itself, and the audio issues will happen once more.

So, this always will happen when I put my game at x3 speed, or when my Sim is sleeping in Forgotten Hollow. The only mod that I have is the MC Command Center, and it doesn't seem to be conflicting with anything, because the issue was still happening after I added the newest update into my game for the mod. The issue still decided to continue after I removed mods before I made this report. 

This issue has been going on for a while now. I found that in order worlds, when my game is on x3 speed, or when my Sim is sleeping that the issue doesn't occur, so I've accepted that as my solution for now. It only happens when my Sims are in Forgotten Hollow, or when they're sleeping in Forgotten Hollow.

As I said earlier, it has been going on for a while, but I decided to ignore it, because I kept thinking that it would be possibly fixed as a minor glitch in the next patch update. However, the issue hasn't been fixed since the last 2 or 3 patch updates, and I'm not really sure what to do now besides not to visit Forgotten Hollow until after the issue is resolved.

Message 1 of 4 (413 Views)

@lizbug56 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Please move your whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop then launch the game and start a new save. Is the audio still not working properly in Forgotten Hollow? I have tried to repro in my game but the audio is fine for me on x3 speed.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (364 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

F4C32851-DDA0-4695-8375-CE80F493841F_4_5005_c.jpeg@Bluebellflora|| Here's some basic information about my Mac. I'll go ahead and do the save right now, and let you know what happens. I'll also repair my game, as I haven't done that yet. 

Message 3 of 4 (338 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora || After I repaired my game, and I moved my folder onto the desktop (and started a new game), I realized that it stopped being fizzy when my game is on x3 speed. It pretty much happens mostly when my vampire Sim is sleeping in a coffin, or a bed in Forgotten Hollow.

Message 4 of 4 (328 Views)