Discover University My Sims autonomously playing instruments & more

by gemini4067

Original Post

Discover University My Sims autonomously playing instruments & more

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 10.5.74.41754-762650
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This so far is happening at University. I have 2 of my sims currently enrolled at Foxbury Institute.
What happens when the bug occurs? First issue my sims autonomously and continuously play the violin and guitar and they do not have these instruments in their inventory. 2nd issue they autonomously & continuously stop whatever I have them doing (ex: eating, homework, studying, etc) to practice acting in the mirror and/or playing non-existent instruments. 3rd issue sims are continuously doing the mischief interaction "fake bad news" (I believe that's what it says). 4th issue the future cube keeps spawning in my sims' inventory. My sims have had up to 20 plus future cubes in their inventory and the more I delete them the more they spawn. I have even turned off autonomy and the sims still autonomously do everything mentioned above and also other autonomous actions while autonomy is turned off.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims doing none of the issues I mention above. They seem to act like NPCs and I expect to have total control over the actions of my own sims and not to have items I did not give them to spawn in their inventories and performing actions like playing instruments that do not exist.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. These issues started after the July 8th patch.

I am having this issue with and without Mods & CC. Turning off autonomy seems to not be working also with and without mods or cc.

Message 1 of 3 (610 Views)

Re: Discover University My Sims autonomously playing instruments & more

Hero
@gemini4067 This is due to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/td...

Please see second post for individual threads to me too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (597 Views)

Re: Discover University My Sims autonomously playing instruments & more

Community Manager
Thanks @crinrict. I'll lock this thread here in the meantime.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 3 (530 Views)