Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Disconnect while talking to Sayrna

by LUDIA666

Original Post

Disconnect while talking to Sayrna

★★★★ Novice

Video description of the disconnect while talking to Sayrna. Borderless windowed, 1080p, ethernet connection.

https://youtu.be/XI1EKHU6SuY

Message 1 of 8 (105 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, except it's when I speak with the Chronicler.  I've been seeing other posts with the same disconnect on various NPCs.  At one point I got through the dialogue with the Chronicler, then got an error (don't recall exactly).  Now every time I speak to the Chronicler my first option I select I get the same error you do.

Message 2 of 8 (101 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same problem, different NPC. Talked with their customer support via chat, basically send me down a path of, "you need to do port forwarding" along with other general network advice. Still no fix. Still no resolution. I play many other online games, NO PROBLEM. Can repeatedly trigger this error 100% of the time. I login, talk to Lucky Jak, press option 1, press option 1, and immediately this error.

If this was a network related issue on my side, one would assume that it wouldn't be 100% consistently repeatable, that I could hypothetically get past this conversation?

Also, the fact that I completed first mission, second mission, and third mission with no problems, then this started happening.Have spent better part of 12 hours trying to resolve this. not my idea of fun.
Message 3 of 8 (99 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, just a different conversation. 

Begins with Sayrna saying, "You know how i love cute animals, right?"

If you chose dialogue option 1, it crashed. Whereas dialogue option 2 is fine. Hope they see this and fix it. Seems like there are quite a few conversations that have this same effect

Message 4 of 8 (79 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ya, option 2 is fine. Seems like the constant in this variable is the 1 option and not the 2 option.

Message 5 of 8 (70 Views)

★★★★ Novice

everyone.. here is a thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/From-Owen-to-quot-Connection-Problem-Error-retrieving-Anthem/m...

not a fix, but i think we figured out what happened..

Message 6 of 8 (67 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Me too.
Message 7 of 8 (29 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same issue, except it's when I speak with the Chronicler.
Message 8 of 8 (28 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help