Re: Disappearing objects - Sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Has it become more frequent now ? Did you build something when they disappeared ? Using enlarged objects ? Used moveObjects on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 74 (9,529 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Just wanted to provide a tip - if you are experiencing this because you use MOO, the best approach is to make sure that 1) after you load your game, you turn MOO on before going into your lot, 2) keep MOO on throughout the building process, 3) save the lot with MOO on.  It should greatly reduce the problem.  That said, the odd thing may still occasionally go missing.  And I would also note that it doesn't necessarily have to be a MOO'd object per se, i.e. it could just be a counter that you placed like normal.

Message 52 of 74 (9,519 Views)

★ Novice

What about someone like me who didn't even know about the MOO cheat being in sims 4 so never used it? I also have the problem of not being able to put things back from the family inventory because there is now an invisible/ungrabbable "something there" in spots all over my home. Do we really have to move into a new house every time we load up to play??? (this bug did not happen to me at all until I got the easter update/installed get to work the same day, if that helps any.

Message 53 of 74 (9,494 Views)

Hero

Try deleting the floor in buy mode and then hit undo. That worked for me with a fridge that disappeared this way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 74 (9,491 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks I'll give it a try. I've gone as far back in my old saves as I can and I've found all my families that went camping came home to this bug too. Even ooold saves are having it now.

Message 55 of 74 (9,486 Views)

Hero

Did you load older saves through the main menu or did you completely quit the game and then start an older game. There's a lot of bugs that carry over between saves if you don't exit the game completely and just change save games via the main menu.

Autosave also helps making bugs contagious so when I test an issue, I make sure my game is saved under a new name, then I exit the game, delete the auto save (slot00000001.save) and then try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 74 (9,483 Views)

Re: Plants vanishing

★ Novice

Thanks. That's where I found my missing plants.

@Boneys26 wrote:

Just found my missing trees.. they are in my household inventry in buy/build mode, they are not alone I also had a lemon tree in there I didn't notice was missing also had lemon, cherry and Poms fruit stacks, 30-40 fruits in each stack?!? no idea what they are doing in there as I've not put them there.

Message 57 of 74 (9,478 Views)

Objects disappear in Build Mode

★★★★ Novice

Some of our team members complaint that objects in their houses disappear while they were

just building them. What I noticed yesterday is, that objects disappear, when you add new walls

to a room that you furnished and decorated and that objects disappear, when you change the wallpaper! Confusedmileylol:

I was about to finish a living room, when I decided to change the colour on the wall. I had some kitchen cabinets

on the wall, directly above the ground, and placed some decorations by using MOO and the up/down function on it.

When I had the new wallcolour on the wall and pressed Shift to replace the old one, I noticed that the deco objects turned yellow,

like objects do when they "collide" with something else and are about to be deleted when you go on.

In another case I had placed some stuff on the floor, a desk and bookshelves when I decided to add a small

wall to the room. After that several objects disappeared although they were not near the new wall or something.

A team member told me that objects on the first floor of her house disappeared when she added walls

to the basement.

That's really odd! Why does a wallpaper "conflict" with objects?

Message 58 of 74 (9,442 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've also had this happen but ONLY to one item I noticed, the personal brewer tea pot.

I noticed it happen when one of my sims first got sick and then after any time I remodeled in the game it wouldn't be there OR in the inventory.

Message 59 of 74 (9,438 Views)

Hero

The tea pot has the tendency to get thrown out with bad tea by the maid. Instead of just throwing out the tea, she throws out the pot. Has it's own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 74 (9,437 Views)