Re: Disappearing objects - Sims 4

by sushigal007

Original Post

Hero

Also not in their inventory or family inventory ? Where they your household Sims or NPCS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 74 (4,107 Views)

★★ Apprentice

yep sorry didn't see it at first. The violin & guitar both wound up in the personal inventory of the Sim who was playing one of them when I save/quit the game. So odd. 

Message 42 of 74 (4,106 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So that's what happened to the coffee maker!

Thanks!

@crinrict wrote:

The coffee machine and tea maker are thrown out by the maid. Instead of just emptying them, she gets rid of them completely

Message 43 of 74 (4,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there anything good about this "new" Sims 4?...missing objects in game play is just **bleep**!

Message 44 of 74 (4,094 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Through trial and error building things I've found out that certain items (potted plants are notorious for this along with resized objects) will cause things they are intersecting to vanish. This is especially true when using the moveobjects cheat, and its not the objeck you need to worry about. Its the bounding box. Doors seem to be fairly finicky when it comes to this, I've had to keep them clear of absolutely everything. Vertical space seems to be important too. Anything overlapping something vertically (like an item placed on a shelf with moveobjects that clips with an above shelf) generally causes somethign to vanish.

Message 45 of 74 (4,061 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've just noticed I'm having this problem too. Lost one of the collectable MySims dolls I'd put on top of my sim's dresser, but though I must've imagined it until her brand new computer vanished too. I've looked and they're not in the inventory either. Guess this game has burglars after all!

Message 46 of 74 (4,018 Views)

Hero

Did you check both her and the family inventory ?

Did you place it with MOO ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 74 (4,016 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My maid is still doing this. I am so sick of replacing tea makers lol. 

Message 48 of 74 (3,988 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had a tree diappear from my garden and found it in the household inventory under buy mode after traveling off lot. When I tried to place it in it's old spot, the slot was occupied.
I hadn't used MOO, just planted it normally.

Message 49 of 74 (3,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am getting really tired of this problem. Everytime I have put decor in a house (it doesn't matter which house), objects disappear into the inventory of the family. It is just no fun. I have even reinstalled the game, deleted old mods, it just keeps on happening.

Is there something going to happen to fix this problem?

Message 50 of 74 (3,821 Views)