Re: Disappearing objects - Sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Disappearing objects, but they are in the Family Inventory. (Picture)

★ Guide

I also know that if you enter build/buy and accidentally hit the rotate keys  , or . (which I do constantly) while having an object selected (eg, a room) -- the room rotates, and things will disappear out of the room (or your yard) and go into family inventory.

If you rotate something that way, and do not return to the previous state by UNDO (ctrl-z) and you say hit , followed by . instead, the items that ended up in some sort of conflict will go into the inventory for the home and you get no message.

It'd be SO nice if when things went into family inventory you got notified on the wall with such and such has been placed into your family inventory.

Thanks for the note about this happening with resizes also.

Message 31 of 74 (8,462 Views)

Re: Disappearing objects, but they are in the Family Inventory. (Picture)

Hero

Thanks for the reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 74 (8,448 Views)

Unable to place back items

★★★ Newbie

I do not know what triggers it but Ive had more than 3 objects disappear from my lot and placed into my household inventory.

On top of that the object that was removed from a certain spot cannot be placed back on or near it, in any direction (a message appears saying the selected item can not be placed because another item is in the way). Altough, others objects can still be placed at that same spot.

I can provide proof and/or clarity via records.

Message 33 of 74 (8,370 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I've created a community lot and when I placed in a lot some objects from the ground floor dissapear. It only happens in the ground floor and only dissapear some objects (from one part of room) the objects from the oppsite side stay in their place. I repair the game (origin-sims 4- repair) and still happens the same. Do you know what happens? It's the first time it happens to me.

Thanks for your time Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 34 of 74 (8,350 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this issue oftenly, and most of the times the objects just vanish... no family inventory for them. Lately I'm having specific object issues: the coffee and the tea machine. Sometimes one of them disappear, sometimes the other.

Message 35 of 74 (8,327 Views)

Hero

The coffee machine and tea maker are thrown out by the maid. Instead of just emptying them, she gets rid of them completely

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 74 (8,322 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too.

I built a house and uploaded it to the gallery.  I then created a family to live in the house.  I had to use the free realestate cheat for them to be able to afford it.  When the sim moved in two of the fron windows on the ground floor were missing.  Curtains were still there.  The windows were not in the family inventory and I can't place new ones there (even having replaced the wall) as the game tells me I can't intersect other objects.

Hoping there's an answer.

Message 37 of 74 (8,302 Views)

Hero

Are you using the moveObjects mod ? Was it just the WIndows ?

I had that once with a shower and I tried to delete the area which resulted in a big whole in the floor. I undid that and afterwards I could place a new fridge (which was the issue in my case)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 74 (8,297 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

No not using the moveobjects mod.  I have no mods at all in the game.

I've just had a go at knocking down the two walls of the room that was affected.  When I replaced the walls I could replace the windows.  However, I then realised I had accidently knocked down one section of one of the other walls in the room.  As soon as I replaced that one piece of wall the windows dissapeared again.  I undid everything and tried replacing the single wall section first, but this time it wouldn't let me place the windows saying that they can't intersect other objects.

In the end I moved my sim out, bulldozed the house and then placed it again from the library.  I've moved the sim in and so far the windows are still there!

Hope this helps!

Message 39 of 74 (8,292 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for mentioning that about the maid. That happened to me about 5 times before I just stopped replacing the appliances. I think I need to add a Sim to my household just to be a housekeeper since this maid service is more trouble than it's worth. 

I just had this happen with my guitar and violin. When I save/quit earlier one of my sims were playing the guitar. When I reloaded the game the guitar and violin (which sat right next to it) disappeared. 

Message 40 of 74 (8,251 Views)