Re: Disappearing objects - Sims 4

by Jacoolia27

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disappearing objects - Sims 4

★★ Novice

My sim just came back from a date to find that her stove, kitchen worktop, bookshelf, door archway and several windows had just completely disappeared... When I go back into build mode to replace these missing objects it acts as if i'm trying to put then in an area that already has objects in them and won't allow me to replace them... help please Confusedmileyembarrassed:

Message 1 of 74 (98,074 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Since there a many issues posted in this thread, many of which are no longer occurring, I'm going to lock this thread.

Should you still have issues with disappearing objects, please use this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Adding-wallpaper-to-a-room-removes-Objects/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 74 of 74 (88,317 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

What else have you tried? Traveling to another lot? Restarting the game? 

Message 2 of 74 (98,005 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Also try repairing your game (right click the tile in Origin and select Repair), and updating your graphic drivers in case this is a visual glitch. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 3 of 74 (98,000 Views)

Hero

Can you not tear down the wall ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 74 (97,999 Views)

★ Novice
I've been having objects disappear on a regular basis. Repeat offenders are doors and windows - preventing my sim from accessing various rooms or even leaving the house. To put the doors and windows back I need to move EVERYTHING nearby (on the same floor and floor above) which is a significant annoyance.

Please advise on what can be done by myself or will be done by EA.
Message 5 of 74 (97,986 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried everything I could think of... resetting sims/objects etc didn't work... leaving the lot and coming back only seemed to make even more objects disappear... I even tried playing a completely different househod, but the same problem occurred again. The only solution was to delete everything in the surrounding area, both on the same level and on the floors above/below, then replace them, which was a bit of a pain to say the least. Will try the repair in Origin as suggested and get back to you.

Message 6 of 74 (97,978 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem: My sims from inactive households just randomly disappear... Like they never would have existed before. From a 5 people family it will be a 3 people family....Terrible. Anybody?

Message 7 of 74 (97,975 Views)

Hero

Added this thread. It was already on the list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 74 (97,967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Game is now up to date, and repaired as instructed. Went back in to play the game... replaced the objects as needed... got my sims to leave the lot, but came back home to discover the exact same thing had happened again. It seems to happen either when the sims leave the lot and re-enter home, or if i go to "edit sim" from the dresser... it's as if the reloading home process makes some items disappear... issue is still present

Any clues?

Many thanks

Message 9 of 74 (97,956 Views)

Disappearing objects, but they are in the Family Inventory. (Picture)

★★ Novice

I loaded my game normally, but then my objects are gone, and then I found my missing objects on the Family Inventory.

I have a picture of that.

Picture of Family Inventory (Gyazo)

Message 10 of 74 (97,927 Views)