Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disappearing furniture, computer interaction stalls

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1631341020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Seems to be after Eco install and patch added to game
What happens when the bug occurs? Furniture disappears randomly even with no reload event of any sort, just vanishes in front of me (everything from tables to tvs to chess boards to kitchen counters). Also every time I try to interact with a computer of any sort except toddler tablet the game stalls for a very long time before menu comes up.
What do you expect to see? see above.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Just the sims 4 patch and installing Eco, no computer modifications otherwise and I have never used mods of any sort. No driver updates avail so that has not been changed either.

Furniture disappears randomly even with no reload event of any sort, just vanishes in front of me (everything from tables to tvs to chess boards to kitchen counters). Also every time I try to interact with a computer of any sort except toddler tablet the game stalls for a very long time before menu comes up. Have run repair then did full reinstall when that did not improve it, no improvement after full reinstall. Also noticed that amidst furniture, etc. disappearing with no one around, that even without klepto trait, people are swiping things anyway...goodbye/ask to leave not working properly either..

Message 1 of 8 (3,816 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Disappearing furniture, computer interaction stalls

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please use the following threads

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-Freezes-When-Any-Computer-on-any-Lot-is-Hover...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Computer-pie-menu-takes-a-long-time-to-come-up/m-p...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Objects-disappear-from-lots-with-and-without-N...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (3,626 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have this same problem. It is quite annoying too. my counters and sofas constantly go missing. And even sinks at the community lots keep going missing too!

Message 2 of 8 (3,778 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the computer stall problem, too.I haven't had furniture disappear, but dishes that say they have seven servings have no visible food and my Sim is a Fresh Chef and her food is always Excellent or Outstanding. Now when I take it out of the refrigerator, it's dropped to Normal, which sets off my Sims refined palate quirk. Frustrating. 

Message 3 of 8 (3,730 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem, re missing stuff. At this stage, I'm replacing essential objects so often my sim can only just keep up with bills. At first, I thought it was a klepto NPC, but I've locked the doors and no other sims is getting in and stuff still vanishes. I do have the Eco expansion and my sim is a recycler, if that has anything to do with it.  

Message 4 of 8 (3,704 Views)

★ Novice

Guy's it may not be a bug. 

My Wife, who is having the same issue, has noticed that the Neighboor Action PLans contain an option called 'Sharing is Careing' This Action Plan makes every item shareable so your neighbours can freely take your stuff. I haven't tested this out yet, but it seems to fit and seems worth investigating.   

Message 5 of 8 (3,663 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Quaderrina Yes, I had this happen to me in my gameplay yesterday. My sim went to another room to wash her hands after using the toilet. Upon investigation, I noticed the sink had disappeared (it was there earlier). I don't have eco at the moment, so it's not a recycle disciple trait glitch. Unless, one of them slipped into my file from the future. [cue the theme from The Twilight Zone] :O
Message 6 of 8 (3,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please use the following threads

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-Freezes-When-Any-Computer-on-any-Lot-is-Hover...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Computer-pie-menu-takes-a-long-time-to-come-up/m-p...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Objects-disappear-from-lots-with-and-without-N...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (3,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi everyone,

As we already have topics about these bugs, I encourage you to post in the threads that Crin linked. It's a lot easier for us to keep everything in one place and it helps us greatly with gathering information.

That's why we also suggest creating one topic per bug and not to mention multiple bugs in a single topic. This could cause confusion where two different bugs are discussed in a single topic. We don't know for which bug the views, replies and Me Too's are for so it's important to discuss one bug per topic.

That's why I've locked this thread. I've also accepted Crin's post as a solution so that anyone else with the same problem knows which topics to visit and to reply to.

Thanks everyone for highlighting these bugs with us and please leave a reply and a Me Too in the correct topics if you're experiencing the same Standard smile

Jason.png
Message 8 of 8 (3,555 Views)