by imanielexus

Original Post

Disappearing Plants

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, cats & dogs, get to work, laundry day, cool kitchen & perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a lot of pots, plant plants and maybe hire a gardener? Not sure if that has an effect but they should definitely begin disappearing in due time.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plant keeps disappearing from the pot after planting it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see plants staying planted & growing. I expect to be able to harvest plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As you can see in the photo the gardener is tending to a plant that has disappeared. I feel like I’ve tried everything from debugging, buying new pots and replanting numerous times. The gardener still tends to them but I can’t harvest them or anything. & when clicking on them it gives the option to plant something or buy seeds but they just end up disappearing every time. I’ve talked to other simmers in different community forums and it happens to them as well, with or without mods. Please fix this ASAP

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 1 of 6 (1,158 Views)

Re: Disappearing Plants

Hero
@imanielexus Do the disappear immediatly or after after a while ?

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,114 Views)

Hero
@imanielexus Would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict They disappeared after a while. I heard it’s related to using “tend garden” instead of other options. Putting plants into house inventory and back into garden fixes it but i have way too many plants for that to be convenient. Help please.
Message 4 of 6 (960 Views)

Hero
@greenwitched Did they completely disappear for you or turn into dirt piles ?

Are you putting the whole planters into the household inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (939 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (761 Views)