Re: Disappearing Doors/Windows/Stairs in build mode

by stjmk

Original Post

Disappearing Doors/Windows/Stairs in build mode

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, paranormal, witches, vampires, strangerville, pets, groups, spa, careers, adventure, kids, get famous.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode and place walls
What happens when the bug occurs? Doors, windows and stairs disappear
What do you expect to see? I place new walls or roofs and all windows, doors and stairs disappear in build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm in build mode and trying to create new rooms or walls within the house, then it makes all doors, windows and stairs disappear. Everything is a hassle to place down when there is plenty of room and no obstructions.

Message 1 of 4 (1,097 Views)

★★ Pro
@RabbitLoss Well, that's pretty extreme. I wonder if maybe your game might need to be repaired through Origin.

Have you tried with Move Objects on? Also, any platforms in the build you're trying to work on?
Message 2 of 4 (1,083 Views)

★ Apprentice

The move objects didn't seems to work either but thanks for the suggestion. 

The house is on a platform, does that mess with things?

Message 3 of 4 (1,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@RabbitLossYep, platforms can mess with things. I've used them in some builds, but they can be tricky little devils.

You might want to just use a regular foundation for the house while you get the floor-plan, window, door, and stair placement, etc., the way you want and then go back and put platforms just where you want them on top of the foundation. Sometimes the platforms will still take out a wall when placing them against it, but it can be replaced most of the time.

Message 4 of 4 (1,035 Views)