Re: Disappearing Ceiling

by PuppyofJam

Original Post

Disappearing Ceiling

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sp09
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea. I have been playing it like I have for years and just after the most recent update (today), it started doing this.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game doesn't recognize ceilings. I can't place roofs or put tiles on them.
What do you expect to see? A ceiling that doesn't intermittently (like just moving the perspective) disappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. your game update

Nothing has changed about my gameplay.  Suddenly, ceilings are not registering.  I can recreate it simply by building anything with a roof or second floor.  It's intermittent, but the space between when the ceiling is visible and not is only about a few second.  Sometimes I can see the ceiling, but the game doesn't register that it's there. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,194 Views)

Hero
@PuppyofJam Could you try repairing your game through Origin to see if that makes a difference ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for responding. I didn’t know repair via Origin was possible.  Is that through the app on my PC?  Or do I need tech support?  

Message 3 of 11 (1,118 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@PuppyofJam It's through the app on your PC. Close your game. Go to Origin. Right-click on the game's icon and choose Repair.
Message 4 of 11 (1,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PuppyofJam Right click on the game in Origin and hit repair game.

Make sure you close the game first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,089 Views)

Hero
@PuppyofJam Did repair help you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,046 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks. Didn’t work, but good to know!
Message 7 of 11 (1,027 Views)

Hero
@PuppyofJam DId you use glass roofs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,020 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No.  I saw that thread.  😕

Message 9 of 11 (1,014 Views)

Hero
@PuppyofJam Is this your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Roofs-can-t-be-placed-in-enclosed-rooms/td-p/7407416 ?

It's supposed to be fixed but maybe it's back ?

Could you please enter your game version (full number)

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (989 Views)