Re: Disappearance and Death on Reaching Max Skill

by crinrict

Original Post

Disappearance and Death on Reaching Max Skill

★★★ Newbie

Hi there! Loving the game so far, and I haven't had any bugs beyond not getting dressed out of the shower, and the one I'm reporting here.

While playing in my first household, my Sim died for no apparent reason. There was no notification in the wall, all of his needs were fully met, and his body was nowhere to be found. At first, I thought he'd just decided to leave the lot (which was weird, cuz he doesn't have a job.) I only discovered he was dead by looking in his wife's relationship tab.

The context of the situation beforehand was that he had peed himself, but he had dropped a +6 embarrassment to a +5 by asking for reassurance, and he had cleaned himself up. I didn't see him die, nor did I see him pop out of existence.

After realizing he was dead, I checked the notifications and the lot for any sign of him, and found none whatsoever. No one in the household was upset by his death.

So, being disappointed, I went back and loaded a previous save. I felt kind of cheated. I redid most of the stuff leading up to the point that I had to load from, and then realized something. Prior to his death, he had just reached level 10 programming skill, but there was only a level up pop up, neither a mastery pop up, nor an achievement. This time around, he got the mastery pop up, and I got an achievement for it. The way he levelled up was by working on a phone app, but when the bar filled on the tasks, the app didn't register as completing, and I had to sit him down three times before giving up on trying to finish it. That did not happen this time around either.

I am thinking the death and the phone app were a result of the level 10 mastery not registering in game, or if it was just three glitches in a remarkable coincidence.

Message 1 of 4 (597 Views)

★ Guide

When you say the phone app did not register being completed, do you mean that you had no wall notification or no popup for naming the application, or neither -- nothing happened at all? 

I know with programming, sometimes you get a wall notification saying that you finished and telling you that you earned some small amount of money. And then with larger apps (the ones that ask you to name them) you seem not to get a wall notification at all. You name the app and get told you'll get a royalty (like with books). 

Very strange that he died, and the standing up three times makes me wonder if something got missed by the way the 'debuffs' and 'buffs' for emotions stack. There IS a debuff -- a negative emotion -- for programming for too long. If he stood up and tried to stop before it was finished because he'd gotten brain fried or whatever it is, he could have died from programming for too long. Maybe the second time you tried it you got lucky and there was more success accrued and you didn't crit yourself to death? I don't know though, I've noticed that I miss far too many of the bad emotional states because of the way they collapse at the bottom.

Message 2 of 4 (579 Views)

Hero

Not sure what happened but I'll just add to the list

Seems like a very specific scenario 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (577 Views)

Hero

@JohniiMagii Did you ever figure this out or had a similar situation again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (510 Views)