by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Re: Disabled Block BUG

★★★★★ Expert

The Disabled Block BUG is still present in Dooku's 23rd of January Patch Update

Message 11 of 51 (2,597 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The Disabled Block BUG is still present in the Chosen One update (02/27/19)

And in one match of like 8 minutes it happened to me several times. Maybe it's even worse then before.

Message 12 of 51 (2,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@RogueZeroRendar 

Indeed. I have two clips from two matches, and I haven't even recorded all the times it happened during those. Before the Chosen One update, it was more likely to have only an animation bug: simple walking stance with a stamina bar - yet the block itself still worked. Today, this became an actual ineffective block bug: walking stance, stamina depletion - and taking damage.

Right now - since I'll be playing HvV immensely -, I'm considering opening some kind of a "megathread" about the all-around unreliability of the game's Hero Combat. Bugs, glitches, imbalanced (either under- or overpowered abilities) etc.

Maybe it'll do some good, maybe it won't - but I think it's worth a try.

Message 13 of 51 (2,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I've played like a dozen times, and this happened to me more then 30 times. Having it 3 or 4 times a match was very common. I don't think I played one match where this hasn't happened. And it happened with dooku, anakin, luke, obi, vader, and kylo

I hope your idea makes devs work faster to fix these BUGs @felker_s 

Message 14 of 51 (2,543 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This bug is worse than it's ever been. Here are several sample videos showing that Kylo Ren's Freeze is a huge cause of the blocking bug. I don't know how this made it past playtesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD3FmMPysoI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiFY5Aw0R0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvJeZly3TA4

In the first video, you'll see the first Freeze does nothing, but the second disables block (note Luke's stamina bar for proof). It doesn't seem to be limited to Freeze, but Pull as well. I swapped over to Vader to find his Choke did not cause it after a few tries.

Message 15 of 51 (2,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Because of @Atreus-213 video and topic, I tested kylo on splitscreen arcade to verify this and it's a very bad issue:

Kylo's Freeze "Marks" an enemy for the disabled block bug. If the target wasn't marked before, this first freeze will act normally, but will leave a mark. Next time this target is hit by a freeze or a pull, he'll get the disabled block bug.

But it goes beyond that. Every freeze will mark the target again, so if kylo freezes for the first time, target is marked but don't trigger the Disabled Block BUG. The second time kylo freezes the same target, the target gets the Disabled Block BUG and is marked again. If another freeze is done after the second one, the target will get the disabled block bug again (if he has recovered using the deplete stamina method) and will be marked again. This is endless.

To add to this mess, a Pull unmarks a previously marked target. So several pulls in a row in a character that hadn't been marked before, won't cause this BUG. But a pull after a freeze has marked the target, will trigger the disabled block bug and unmark that target. So the next pull or freeze in this target won't trigger the Disabled Block BUG again, but if it's a freeze, it'll mark the target again.

This is insane, kylo can now distribute Disabled Block BUGs freely.

Also, to add to that, Kylo's Freeze Half-Effect BUG ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Half-Effect-BUG-Maul-s-Choke-Hold-Kylo-s-Freeze-Vader-s-Choke/... ) now instead of causing a delay in its frozen effect, it causes the Disabled Block BUG. I'll update that report to have that info. I tested with Maul's Choke Hold Half Effect BUG and with Vader's Choke Half-Effect BUG too, but theirs continue to work like they always did.

Message 16 of 51 (2,504 Views)

Re: Block Stops Working - Disabled Block BUG

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm amazed this bug still hasn't been fixed. It should NOT be that difficult to fix. Still constantly having lightsabers not be able to block. No raising animation or anything. Just a stamina bar going down with no effect.

Message 17 of 51 (2,475 Views)

Last update Yoda can’t block

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Yoda can block when you first spawn, but after a while of fighting, using abilities etc (in that same life) he then can’t block any damage and fill up his unleash ability. It happens after a few mins in the same life but when he respawns it works again, but not for long.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GaS mAsK mOnKeY
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 02/03/19
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 21:30
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by playing as Yoda as you normally would. Only seen this bug during HvV.
What happens when the bug occurs? Yoda can’t block or absorb damage to fill up unleash. He doesn’t even put his hand out, it’s as if I’m not even holding down LT.
What do you expect to see? I expect Yoda to put his arm out, the blue glow, and for him to block/absorb damage to fill up unleash to use on enemies.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Yoda can block when you first spawn, but after a while of fighting, using abilities etc (in that same life) he then can’t block any damage and fill up his unleash ability. He doesn’t hold his arm out to actually block, he just grips his lightsaber. It happens after a few mins in the same life but when he respawns it works again, but not for long. 

Message 18 of 51 (2,460 Views)

Re: Block Stops Working - Disabled Block BUG

★★★★★ Apprentice

No comment by EA yet? Jesus. Just in my last match every time I went to go block as Anakin he was worthless. It should be a SIMPLE fix. Ruins the game when you can't block

Message 19 of 51 (2,453 Views)

Blocking is broke

★★★★ Novice

There is a serious game braking problem ( apart from anakin one shotting everything ) in that certain characters abilities once used on you will prevent you from ever blocking again until you die basically giving the opponent a free kill . This is happening 2-3 times per game for me and no ones seems to be bringing this up my controller is fine i have studied this and kylo rens frezy seems to cause this regularly along with most force abilities. This sucks the fun straight out of the game when your dying due to flawed design . Just thought id bring this up as i can’t imagine it only happens to me hopefully dice see this and fix this issue as I won’t be playing any lightsaber heros till its fixed Frown

Message 20 of 51 (2,427 Views)