Re: Disabled Block BUG: Block Stops Working, No Block Animation, Stamina Deplete

by flapjack795

Original Post

Re: Disabled Block BUG: Block Stops Working, No Block Animation, Stamina Deplete

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This happens to me and also sometimes I can't sprint nor attack. It happens a lot also on Anakin F charging animation
This is really annoying EA

Message 41 of 51 (1,780 Views)

Re: Sometimes losing my ability to block entirely in Heroes vs Villains matches

Hello @xxcokexd and thanks for reporting this! I've moved your thread into this already existing one, so developers can take a look!

Message 42 of 51 (1,753 Views)

Re: Blocking button doesnt work

★★★★ Novice

Your a legend for putting this together this bug has been present for so long now and its just getting worse with each update it seems but i’ve seen nothing from dice about this bug ? I don’t know how they do it 😂 the bring out patches to fix bugs and bring a ton of new bugs with them or bring back old bugs its just beyond me i can only play this game in small doses lately through frustration of dying from no fault of my own i love this game man I don’t wanna lose that feeling Frown but lately i have been that block bug is the worst of them all ! 

Message 43 of 51 (1,701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to thank you again rogue i just had a game and had the no block glitch 5-6 times but thanks to your video showing that if you deplete your stamina bar you regain the ability to block i just went 33 to 0 haha 0 deaths something that seemed impossible with this glitch till i watched your vid nice one buddy oh just wanted to say on another game i was using boba and got hit with anikins force abilities and after i was unable to use my jetpack this has only happened twice so far but wanted to make people aware its a thing Frown

Message 44 of 51 (1,685 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm glad I could help @McEcHo94 

About the boba jetpack issue, bring it to this report, it's also another one of those day 1 bugs they never managed to fix: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Boba-Fett-Jetpack-Failure/m-p/6729116

Message 45 of 51 (1,670 Views)

★★★ Novice
Still happening
Message 46 of 51 (1,614 Views)

Can Not Block!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Can not BLOCK!!!!
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? flapjack-_7
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 03/25/19
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and use a saber hero/villain, give it some time, and once a lot occurs involving you, the ability to block may disappear.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot block as your current saber hero/villain, then you get slaughtered.
What do you expect to see? It fixed!
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Kind of hard to submit a photo of blocking not working but it has cost me many Hero Showdown matches Frown

I noticed this started happening after The Chosen One update.

Involves every saber hero.

Message 47 of 51 (1,610 Views)

Re: Can Not Block!!!

★★★★★ Expert

Please go to this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Disabled-Block-BUG-Block-Stops-Working-No-Block-Animation/m-p/... and share your experience there. This BUG has been happening a lot more then before, especially after the Chosen One Update, but it's a day 1 BUG. Many people have been coming here to open new reports on this BUG, but if we don't focus efforts on a single report, soon this forum will be only about this BUG.

There in that report you'll find info on possible triggers to this BUG, and also the Deplete Stamina Method, the only known method to fix the bug without the need to die or respawn.

Message 48 of 51 (1,593 Views)

★★★ Novice

This happens to me on Playstation as well so I assume it is a problem for all consoles

Message 49 of 51 (1,587 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Ok so finally I decided to close this report. This specific Block BUG has been properly fixed some months ago (after February 2019). It took them a long time to fix this issue, they tried several times before but none worked. I have gathered a lot of info to help on solving this BUG for one year, and most of it is shared on this report.

But then, after the game got completely broken around Anakin's launch, devs decided to finally tackle this issue. At that point it was so abusive that Kylo could distribute this BUG freely just by freezing enemies. After they announced it fixed, I made a test to check it properly. That test was my suggested method to trigger this BUG on purpose since April 2018, and if performed correctly would always trigger that BUG. I performed it correctly, but the Disabled Block BUG didn't trigger. However, the Dash Strike Visual BUG actually triggered (which is a BUG that always triggered together with the disabled block bug mentioned on this report). That made me believe the BUG was fixed for good.

But we can never be so sure, so I waited. And here we are now, several months after said fix, and the BUG hasn't resurfaced. There are other Block BUGs, but this one can finally be put to rest. It's great this BUG is finally solved, but the bad thing is that this one had a fixing method ingame, the others don't necessarily have one.

We're free from this BUG, but we aren't free of all Block BUGs unfortunately. At least one very serious and very disrupting BUG got fixed. Another Day 1 BUG finally fixed.

Message 50 of 51 (4,298 Views)