Re: Sometimes losing my ability to block entirely in Heroes vs Villains matches

by Haisom

Original Post

Re: Blocking button doesnt work

Hello @datdude00721 and thanks for reporting this issue as well. I've merged your topic with this thread, in order to draw more attention from the developers!

It seems that there are more blocking and lightsaber-character bugs than ever right now. 

The developer did confirm changes to the lightsaber combat system were coming and I can only hope they will also solve these issues at the same time. Why would lightsaber changes matter when you cannot even use your block, right?

Message 31 of 51 (1,442 Views)

Re: Last update Yoda can’t block

★★ Novice

Yeah I’ve seen this with other characters now, but only in the last few days. It’s so annoying!

Message 32 of 51 (1,438 Views)

Hello @GaS_mAsK_mOnKeY and thanks for reporting this issue! I've merged your thread with this existing one as to direct more attention to the bug!

Message 33 of 51 (1,428 Views)

Lightsaber blocking lose

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug I think it s a frequently reported bug, but i often lose the capacity to block an attack in HvV. No way to execute a block movement until i lose. Happens with all caracters.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? AstartesUltra
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 03/03/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 23:00 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Its pretty random bug, but happens enough for everyone speak about it. Just play HvV and look if your caracter sometimes doesn't answer if you want to block an attack or a blaster shoot.
What happens when the bug occurs? your caracter arm doesn't move.
What do you expect to see? your caracter arm is supposed to move when you block an attack or a blaster shoot.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1060 6 Go

A bug which make you losing the capacity to block an attack or a blaster shoot in HvV. It comes back only after you lose.

Message 34 of 51 (1,429 Views)

Re: Lightsaber blocking lose

★★★★★ Expert

This BUG has been extensively reported in this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Disabled-Block-BUG-Block-Stops-Working-No-Block-Animation/m-p/...

Please, share your experience there so we can focus efforts in a single report. A report with many replies and votes seems much better to get the attention of the devs, then many small reports on the same issue.

The method to fix this ingame is to deplete all your stamina when you have this BUG. You may attack a lot to do that, but the fastest method is to jump attack several times as a jump attack consumes much more stamina then anything else. When your stamina is completely depleted, the bug is gone, and you may block again when the stamina refills.

Message 35 of 51 (1,417 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I updated OP with this new video which shows Kylo's Freeze method to reproduce this BUG on purpose, so devs have more material to work with:

Message 36 of 51 (1,413 Views)

Re: Lightsaber blocking lose

Hello @AdeptusUltra and thanks for reporting in! I've moved your post into this so the developers can easily get more information about the issue!

Message 37 of 51 (1,398 Views)

Sometimes losing my ability to block entirely in Heroes vs Villains matches

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug -Dear Ea Throughout every single game in HvV after the Choosen One update, my saber hero when blocking, wil lose his block entirely sometimes after blocking certain force powers or recuperating from the atrocious saber locking mechanic. When this happen, my stamina drains regularly while holding the block button but no animation occurs AND it doesnt even block anything as saber strikes will continue to still hit me as if I wasn't blocking. This happens at least 3 - 8 times EVERY single match and it is unbearable. There are many other post documenting this as well. This is a KNOWN issue among the community and it needs to be addressed accordingly as it is impossible to enjoy a HvV match where my block is extremely unreliable. (just type in "block glitch battlefront 2" and you can find many other posts similar to this). Please fix this ASAP as this is truly a game breaking bug. Its been happening every game AFTER this update dropped for me.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Blacckk Ninja
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 2/27/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 06:00 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play heroes vs Villains and analyze your ability to block after every encounter until you come across iuntil it happens(shouldn't be long at all if you are a frequent blocker like me)
What happens when the bug occurs? Entirely losing the ability to block with my saber hero until death
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Digital Copy

Summary: (only applies to all saber heroes) -  During moments where I block certain attacks or am defending from attacks in which my character loses his ability to block until death. Renders me defenseless as I can then only rely on dodge as holding block will still drain my stamina but doesn't actually block from enemy saber strikes 

Message 38 of 51 (1,402 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This BUG has been extensively reported here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Disabled-Block-BUG-Block-Stops-Working-No-Block-Animation/m-p/...

I suggest bringing your experience there as a single report with many replies and votes is much better to draw the attention of the devs then several small reports on the same issue.

In that report you'll find this has been happening since launch and a ingame method to fix it on your own, instead of dying or respawning

Message 39 of 51 (1,397 Views)

★★★ Novice
Sooooo I just lost a freaking match because I couldn't block nor attack... Fix this EA, wtf
Message 40 of 51 (1,393 Views)