Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 10/19/2018
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug Getting a DirectX error which has the following error message: "DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. GPU: "NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080", Driver: 41634. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug seems to have begun after Windows 10 updated their DirectX libraries to include raytracing support and Nvidia subsequently updated their drivers to make use of it on the RTX cards. This error does not occur on old drivers prior to that event. My assumption is this game is crashing due to a combination of the new drivers and/or the new RTX cards.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes after clicking 'OK' to the error message.
What do you expect to see? Not sure what this question means.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32

Message 1 of 3 (1,387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DirectX Error

★★ Novice
The older drivers I was/am using that were working with the game were the older 411.xx drivers. It was the newer ones such as 416.xx etc. that were not working correctly.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,168 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Dymn929

Can you let us know if you see the same thing on either of the older 411.xx version drivers please?

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Congrats on the 2080, other than this issue I assume its awesome?

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (1,363 Views)

★★ Novice
The older drivers I was/am using that were working with the game were the older 411.xx drivers. It was the newer ones such as 416.xx etc. that were not working correctly.
Message 3 of 3 (1,169 Views)