Dine out Restaurant bugs & glitches

by LiljrocXB1

Original Post

Dine out Restaurant bugs & glitches

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing dine out. Run a restaurant, and you'll see for yourself.
What happens when the bug occurs? Customers are always talking standing up, and talking amongst themselves rather than staying seated, and waiting on their meal. A host can just give them a seat, and they'll get up to speak to other sims around. Also when they're seated they never fully finish their meals. If a sim as a drink with their meal they'll finish the drink but barely touch the meal which would result in there being left over food that the waiters don't pick up as dirty dishes. Also the waiters have an issue with picking up dishes. If one sim is cleaning the lot, and the another sim tries to clean/take up dishes the system will glitch making their arms spread out, and the dishes will end up on the floor. Also sometimes they'll collect a huge pile of dishes, and then just sit them on a random table rather than just place them into the waiter station.
What do you expect to see? I EXPECT to see a new update that fully addresses the Dine Out bugs that have not been taking care of since launch day. This really messes up the dine out experience, and I wish you'd take this as serious as it is, go over the the bugs, fix them, polish, and give this pack a proper overhaul be it NEEDS it. Also there needs to be at least two hosts. One host seating people takes too long especially when she's fake answering phones. Please fix our issues.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Customers are always talking standing up, and talking amongst themselves rather than staying seated, and waiting on their meal. A host can just give them a seat, and they'll get up to speak to other sims around. Also when they're seated they never fully finish their meals.

If a sim as a drink with their meal they'll finish the drink but barely touch the meal which would result in there being left over food that the waiters don't pick up as dirty dishes.

Also the waiters have an issue with picking up dishes. If one sim is cleaning the lot, and the another sim tries to clean/take up dishes the system will glitch making their arms spread out, and the dishes will end up on the floor. Also sometimes they'll collect a huge pile of dishes, and then just sit them on a random table rather than just place them into the waiter station.

Message 1 of 3 (4,977 Views)

Re: Dine out Restaurant bugs & glitches

★★ Guide

I have this issue too, as do a lot of people. In terms of game mechanics, it's definitely not the strongest pack and issues like this have been happening since it was released so you're not alone! I'm not sure how to fix it to be honest, I normally just give my sims a lot of time to eat as it usually takes them forever to finish a meal. If anyone knows how to properly solve this that would be appreciated!

Message 2 of 3 (4,961 Views)

Re: Dine out Restaurant bugs & glitches

Community Manager

Hi @LiljrocXB1

Thanks for making this report. In your opening post there's a mention of what sounds like a few different Dine Out issues happening. We may already have active dedicated bug report threads opened for many of these. You can double-check using the "Compiled list of reported issues", as well as using the search function at the top of the page.

If there isn't an active thread dedicated to each of the bugs you're experiencing here, please go ahead and create a new bug report, one per each individual bug. That way, we can track things easier and provide relevant information regarding the specific bug.

I'll lock this thread in the meantime so as not to split up the information from those dedicated bug reports or to muddle issues together.

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 3 (4,922 Views)