Dine Out

by candimed401

Original Post

Dine Out

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.48.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available expansion packs. No mods.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create and attempt to run a restaurant as per usual
What happens when the bug occurs? When the restaurant is opened the customers check in with the hostess and then get up right after being seated. They occasionally return to their seat if the food is delivered. Wait staff simply stand there and only do social interactions so most customers are not able to order. They eventually get mad and leave after their stars drop. Once it has been open for a few minutes there is just a huge crowd standing around until their stars drop and they leave. I have been playing this same restaurant all week with no issues and made no changes (didn't even add any furniture or objects). When I opened the game this morning it was doing this all of the sudden. I think it may have installed an update or patch yesterday on 4/27/21. I know this was an issue previously (after the Parenthood expansion?) but was resolved. This started suddenly this morning with no user-made changes.
What do you expect to see? Waitstaff interacts with customers as usual and customers order/eat/etc while staying in their seat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See info above

Message 1 of 5 (321 Views)

Re: Dine Out

Hero
@candimed401

there's a thread for the guests getting up here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DO-Sims-won-t-stay-seated-and-eat-full-meal-at-restaurant-Patc...

there's one for the order not arriving: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Orders-never-arrive-in-restaurant/td-p/7210625/ and heres one for waiters not taking orders: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DO-Waiters-don-t-take-orders/td-p/6919892/

Best to post in each of those and click me too.

Did you have a mod before that might have helped with those issues that is now not active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have not used mods for many months now. I did check the main menu and it looks like a new EA patch was installed yesterday on 4/27/21. I played the game normally last night before that patch and today I am getting all these bugs. All of these issued happened since last night. I don't see any actual solutions on any of those other threads. 

Message 3 of 5 (289 Views)

Hero
@candimed401 The bug forum is usually not about solutions. It's for reporting bugs to the devs.

They need a thread per issue so question is more:

Are your issues covered by the threads above or do you have anything else ? If so, just click me too on these threads or add your voice there if you have anything to add.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (263 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @candimed401!

As @crinrict has already shared all the necessary links and asked you to comment or click 'Me too' in those, I'm closing this thread. Standard smile 

Thanks,

Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (220 Views)