Dine Out Problems (there's a lot)

by Axoodles

Original Post

Dine Out Problems (there's a lot)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, All Game Packs, Bowling stuff, kids room stuff, laundry day, Movie hangout, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Toddler and Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? - Own and Run a restaurant For Rain Problem: - Have it rain - Staff will always run out to play in the puddles For dishes problem: - Have anyone enter the restaurant - Staff will leave dishes absolutely EVERYWHERE For Cooking Speed: - Have a pretty busy restaurant - Sims will come in and order and won't get served to the point they leave the restaurant.
What happens when the bug occurs? For Rain: Sims that are employed (mostly waiters) will run out in the rain to either play in the rain or splash in mud puddles. For dishes: My waiters will leave plates everywhere (mostly on the floor) and never clean them up For cooking speed: Chefs seem to negate certain orders to the point the person leaves with a 1 star rating.
What do you expect to see? For rain: My staff should ignore it For dishes: My staff should be cleaning it For cooking speed: Even when on cooking quickly and fully levelled up they take hours to cook or never cook it at all
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi! This is a better way for me to explain these problems found in Dine Out so much better!

So, firstly!

The first big problem I have is I constantly find my guests and my waiters running outside to splash in muddy puddles. I've attached an image below. It's so aggravating, especially when it's my staff because I try to criticise them for it but I swear it has no effect.

Secondly is the staff again. I've found that my staff are always leaving dishes on the floor. They'll start to tidy and clean them then will just set them on the floor like they've reset. It ends up that my sim cleans the whole restaurant while my waiters stand around and play in the rain. 

Thirdly, I've found that new customers are being sat with already existing customers. I've attached a photo to demonstrate what I mean.

Finally, I've been having a problem with my chefs. I have all my staff fully levelled up and tried all three cooking speeds but I've found that some guests just don't get served for hours on end until they ultimately leave the restaurant and lower my lovely 5 star rating.

These problems are ultimately breaking my experience with Dine Out. I've tried reaching out on twitter but I haven't gotten a single reply.

Message 1 of 3 (1,818 Views)

Re: Dine Out Problems (there's a lot)

Hero
Hi

there's a few dine out problems listed here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/63740...

Please either post in the appropriate threads or create one thread per issue that isn't listed.

This makes it easier to track each issue.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,798 Views)

Re: Dine Out Problems (there's a lot)

Hero

Hi @Axoodles

would be great if you could create separate threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (1,751 Views)