Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Hitman_Cory
Date/time issue occurred All 03/01/2019
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug I just purchased madden 19 yesterday. It was a choice between madden, fifa, or the sims. I chose to give madden another chance. I haven’t played since the first year connected career came out just because I felt the game was going in a direction I didn’t like. With that being said, either it did or the game still has major issues 6+ months later. First off I chose to play connected career (player POV) a undrafted RB which I knew I would have to grind for playing time. When i got to 2nd string, I still recieved no playing time. I thought that was weird but I was ok with it because that just meant that I could hog all the carries when I became starter. But I was wrong when I became a starter I still split carries and the 2nd string RB got 6 more carries than me when I averaged 10.7 yard per run and he avg 3.4. The 2nd issue came when I only actually carried the ball 3 times that game but my stats say that I carried it 8 times. Then the game sims when I’m not on the field (which is my preference) but they make me watch the 2nd string running back carry the ball like I’m actually in the game... my last name pops up under the 2nd string running back at an observant camera angle like its me, but when the ball snaps the name switches to the the other running back. So the game is making me watch my back up get all the carries but only put me in the game as my created player recieved 3/8 carries my back recieved... this is 6+ months later after the game released. The reason I waited so long was so that the bugs can be worked out. So I don’t know if it’s a technical issue or if this is the way the game actually is. My next issue is the Longshot mode... I don’t understand what this mode is for? Lots of cut scenes with barley being able to play... why don’t you guys just come out with a movie? It’s a great story but I don’t buy video games to watch them mainly. I want some forum of interaction and gameplay. I’ve played 62% of that mode and haven’t learned anything... or did anything. I mean it is a great story from what I understand, but my friend told me that it’s a sequel to last years longshot mode... I didnt play last year.... so now I’m confused and I feel like I can’t get my full playing experience because I didn’t purchase last years copy... you guys really should do new storylines with Easter eggs... I really wanna know what is the objective of this mode? You guys should really incorporate a tutorial mode with these stories than more ppl will be willing to go through the tutorials and learn more about the game. Im just disappointed and I’m going to contact PSN to see if I can get a refund. EA you guys really crushed my spirit for EA. And I’m sad cause I really like sims, dragon age ORIGINS, live, APex, and previous maddens before connected career.... I love RPGs and sports games. So I love career modes. But this one just isn’t it... I was going to try fifa because people love it. But I can’t afford to waste my money with EA anymore. Thanks for listening EA...
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just purchased madden 19 yesterday. It was a choice between madden, fifa, or the sims. I chose to give madden another chance. I haven’t played since the first year connected career came out just because I felt the game was going in a direction I didn’t like. With that being said, either it did or the game still has major issues 6+ months later. First off I chose to play connected career (player POV) a undrafted RB which I knew I would have to grind for playing time. When i got to 2nd string, I still recieved no playing time. I thought that was weird but I was ok with it because that just meant that I could hog all the carries when I became starter. But I was wrong when I became a starter I still split carries and the 2nd string RB got 6 more carries than me when I averaged 10.7 yard per run and he avg 3.4. The 2nd issue came when I only actually carried the ball 3 times that game but my stats say that I carried it 8 times. Then the game sims when I’m not on the field (which is my preference) but they make me watch the 2nd string running back carry the ball like I’m actually in the game... my last name pops up under the 2nd string running back at an observant camera angle like its me, but when the ball snaps the name switches to the the other running back. So the game is making me watch my back up get all the carries but only put me in the game as my created player recieved 3/8 carries my back recieved... this is 6+ months later after the game released. The reason I waited so long was so that the bugs can be worked out. So I don’t know if it’s a technical issue or if this is the way the game actually is. My next issue is the Longshot mode... I don’t understand what this mode is for? Lots of cut scenes with barley being able to play... why don’t you guys just come out with a movie? It’s a great story but I don’t buy video games to watch them mainly. I want some forum of interaction and gameplay. I’ve played 62% of that mode and haven’t learned anything... or did anything. I mean it is a great story from what I understand, but my friend told me that it’s a sequel to last years longshot mode... I didnt play last year.... so now I’m confused and I feel like I can’t get my full playing experience because I didn’t purchase last years copy... you guys really should do new storylines with Easter eggs... I really wanna know what is the objective of this mode? You guys should really incorporate a tutorial mode with these stories than more ppl will be willing to go through the tutorials and learn more about the game. Im just disappointed and I’m going to contact PSN to see if I can get a refund. EA you guys really crushed my spirit for EA. And I’m sad cause I really like sims, dragon age ORIGINS, live, APex, and previous maddens before connected career.... I love RPGs and sports games. So I love career modes. But this one just isn’t it... I was going to try fifa because people love it. But I can’t afford to waste my money with EA anymore. Thanks for listening EA...
What happens when the bug occurs? I just purchased madden 19 yesterday. It was a choice between madden, fifa, or the sims. I chose to give madden another chance. I haven’t played since the first year connected career came out just because I felt the game was going in a direction I didn’t like. With that being said, either it did or the game still has major issues 6+ months later. First off I chose to play connected career (player POV) a undrafted RB which I knew I would have to grind for playing time. When i got to 2nd string, I still recieved no playing time. I thought that was weird but I was ok with it because that just meant that I could hog all the carries when I became starter. But I was wrong when I became a starter I still split carries and the 2nd string RB got 6 more carries than me when I averaged 10.7 yard per run and he avg 3.4. The 2nd issue came when I only actually carried the ball 3 times that game but my stats say that I carried it 8 times. Then the game sims when I’m not on the field (which is my preference) but they make me watch the 2nd string running back carry the ball like I’m actually in the game... my last name pops up under the 2nd string running back at an observant camera angle like its me, but when the ball snaps the name switches to the the other running back. So the game is making me watch my back up get all the carries but only put me in the game as my created player recieved 3/8 carries my back recieved... this is 6+ months later after the game released. The reason I waited so long was so that the bugs can be worked out. So I don’t know if it’s a technical issue or if this is the way the game actually is. My next issue is the Longshot mode... I don’t understand what this mode is for? Lots of cut scenes with barley being able to play... why don’t you guys just come out with a movie? It’s a great story but I don’t buy video games to watch them mainly. I want some forum of interaction and gameplay. I’ve played 62% of that mode and haven’t learned anything... or did anything. I mean it is a great story from what I understand, but my friend told me that it’s a sequel to last years longshot mode... I didnt play last year.... so now I’m confused and I feel like I can’t get my full playing experience because I didn’t purchase last years copy... you guys really should do new storylines with Easter eggs... I really wanna know what is the objective of this mode? You guys should really incorporate a tutorial mode with these stories than more ppl will be willing to go through the tutorials and learn more about the game. Im just disappointed and I’m going to contact PSN to see if I can get a refund. EA you guys really crushed my spirit for EA. And I’m sad cause I really like sims, dragon age ORIGINS, live, APex, and previous maddens before connected career.... I love RPGs and sports games. So I love career modes. But this one just isn’t it... I was going to try fifa because people love it. But I can’t afford to waste my money with EA anymore. Thanks for listening EA...
What do you expect to see? I just want you guys to see this
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

I’m not a lineman!!!! But my last name pops up under him and the 2nd string rb

Message 1 of 4 (977 Views)

Re: Did I waste my money?

Community Manager

Appreciate the feedback you left us, @Hitman_Cory 

Early in the career you will likely split some carries unless there is an injury to the starter (unless you're automatically deemed the starter for a team that needs a clear 3 down back). When you simulate games the AI coach will make roster changes that the player might not generally do. We've seen some feedback around simulating in other discussions as well. 

I wouldn't say you missed any huge points from the 1st Longshot story from Madden 18 that left you confused in this years. If you played the story from last year it doesn't hurt to get a feel for the character's personalities, but the team developed this year's story in a way where you can jump right in without requiring to play Longshot from 18 to understand the story.

Thank you for choosing Madden 19 though and hope to see you on the field with us soon.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (935 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Franchise as a player is dead. These are the same issues in last years franchise mode. All the time and energy is used to make the online card pack buying players happy, but they can't even do that right because the fall forward glitch is still a thing.

Message 3 of 4 (877 Views)

Community Manager

@OPODude 

The Community Manager for Madden just provided an update around that.

Hi Madden Community,

We wanted to give you all a quick update on the falling forward bug that players have been experiencing since the February Title Update.

This is a top priority for the team and we're actively working on a fix for the problem. We are targeting an update in the second half of next week and will provide updates when we have more concrete details.

The Madden Team

(Source)

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (867 Views)