Re: Devilish Dueler duels do not count

by ellatheevil

Original Post

Hero

HI @ellatheevil 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 22 (771 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hope this works!

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 12 of 22 (739 Views)

Hero
@ellatheevil I will need to postpone looking at this to tomorrow.

I'll get back to you then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 22 (718 Views)

Hero
@ellatheevil I tried your save but there seems to be only backups of the save with the spellcasters. Wasn't there one called Slot_00000003.save ?

I tried one of the backups and had no issues fulfilling the task.

I'm not sure if that matters, but did you duel with three different Sims ? I did also get an UI Exception.

Do you get these exceptions on a new save as well when you try the dueling ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 22 (689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had to delete some of the save files because the .rar was too big to attach, but I kept all of the newsest saves in the folder and a couple of much older ones.

They have dueled against multiples sims, yes, everyone they can find and won against more than three sims at this point.  The skills problem seems to be spreading into their new aspirations as well, though.  Like I said, this sim cannot fullfill the book requirement for a renaissance sim despite having read the entire book shelf.

It is interesting that you are able to make their aspirations work from the same save, the last time I played I could not even get them to take care of themselves because they were getting stuck in activity loops where everytime they had a queue it would all disappear and repopulate with an older queue.

Is there something about my computer that's glitching my game maybe?  At this point it is literally unplayable, I really have no idea what to do because repairing it did nothing -.-

Thank you heaps for having a look at my save files!

~Ella

Edit:  Save 00003 got lost in the shuffle trying to zip everything, I've attached only the latest save.  When I start this game, the adult sims are stuck in a loop doing the same things, even after resetting them so it is unplayable for me at this point.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 15 of 22 (670 Views)

Aspiration Bugs

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to complete an aspiration or plan an event in the calendar hiring out roles.
What happens when the bug occurs? I fulfill an item on my Sim's aspirations, but it remains unfulfilled. My spellcaster wants to win 3 duels. She's won two but it says 0/3. This happened in another family. The dad has four kids, but it says he hasn't become a parent, yet. Also, my actress could not finish performing scenes because clicking on the 'x' marks wouldn't give me any options. I was only able to complete two scenes. When the actress and spellcaster got married, the musician, the chef, and the bartender never showed up. Hired them again once on the wedding site, and they still did not show up.
What do you expect to see? Aspirations fulfilled. Options to complete scenes. Hired positions to show up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I recently bought a bundle with island living, strangerville, and tiny omes.

Having some trouble since my latest update. I've tried restarting the game, I've tried shutting down my computer and restarting.

Message 16 of 22 (598 Views)

Re: Aspiration Bugs

Hero
@born2read7 Please post one thread per issue.

There's one you can use for the dueling here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Devilish-Dueler-duels-do-not-count/td-p/8873665/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 22 (583 Views)

Hero

Hi @ellatheevil 

I tried this save and have no issues fulfilling the aspiration.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Put back ONLY your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back. Test after each folder to see if you can narrow down which one is causing issues.

Your options will reset to default but I think at this point it's best if you just re-set them in your options instead of putting back the options.ini file.

• Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 22 (633 Views)

Hero
@ellatheevil Did you have a chance to try my latest suggestion ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 22 (595 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin,

Thank you very much for the suggestion.  I did successfully repair the game and only transfer my saves.  I took your suggestion and I did not transfer my settings or mods.  Unfortunately, it didn't fix my problem.

I don't know enough about this stuff to give any more information that might be helpful, I'm sorry.  Maybe it's my computer *shrug*.

Thank you!

~Ella

Message 20 of 22 (566 Views)