Hidden Dev trait bug

by cwsteveo0621

Original Post

Solution/Workaround (hopefully)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey y'all,

been browsing here and in other madden related sites since I first realized the issue yesterday a couple games into my first season in SINGLE PLAYER OFFLINE UPDATED ROSTER franchise mode.

since EA obviously doesn't give a f* about franchise mode (going to be the last Madden I bought) I tried to find a way to at least have it working acceptably for me;

and it kinda worked, I just haven't fully understood what the critical moves are and for which player they work and for which not.

I'll describe it as detailed as possible, so maybe some of you guys who have some time at hand (I'm in the middle of my exams and got no time for extensive try and error right now) can develope it further and find the way it works out bulletproof.

- Go to edit player at your hidden players and change the trait to normal. then go out of editing, back in and change it back to the original trait.

-this let's you play with the open traits for now,

unfortunately they reset to hidden as soon as you have to leave for whatever reason and reload the last save (auto or manually doesn't make a difference)....

- BUT I figured out that this re-hiding of traits would only happen to rookies, a year 1 TE I changed from Normal to Star just stayed with it, so i suspected it might disappear after the season.

- tried with one rookie TE, revealed his star trait so he couldn't accumulate snaps and simmed to week 17

-I did this because I wanted to make sure his development trait is open when the season ends, because even though hidden players seem to get their deserved share of XP points  when the trait itself is hidden, I wanted to keep the possibility open that his trait gets upgraded by going to the Pro Bowl, which I'm not sure is possible when the trait is hidden.

- so I simmed the last game, got pro bowl XP for him (no change of trait unfortunately)

- then simmed the first playoff game; divisional, where I forced a loss to end my season to get him in year one, and then he was a year one player with star trait

- now the trait stayed on star even after going out and loading

- another player who i had edited to superstar and what was hidden before the switch to year one revealed it immediately, even though he had 0/500 before the advance, and he also stayed with it.

- for good measure I tried what would happen if I'd let the hidden star TE go into the second year with a hidden trait, and it also revealed the trait and stayed with it after reloading

- for even better measure I then simmed to next season, and the traits still stayed revealed after reloading

so long story short, you can play with the revealed traits after editing them, and at the end of the season, when your players go from rookie to 1yr it stays or gets revealed permanently. Nevertheless I would suggest you make sure the trait is revealed when the season goal xps get rewarded to make sure they can get a better trait.

I hope this helps some of you enjoy your franchise mode a little more.

and if you find this helpful and you are registered at other madden related platforms where you discussed this problem, please share this so as many people as possible benefit from it and maybe someone can use these tricks to find a total, permanent workaround for it.

EDIT: okay I had to learn that when I play a game manually, the traits are reset after the game, during the season.

Message 131 of 164 (4,794 Views)

Hidden Dev trait bug

★ Apprentice

So ever since the latest update a few days back, I've noticed my progress towards revealing a rookies development trait resets after every game. Super hard to play 500 Downs in one game, just saying. It would be nice if I could feel my progress making an impact on my franchise. 

Message 132 of 164 (4,528 Views)

Re: Solution/Workaround (hopefully)

★★★ Newbie

All the downs get counted during the game but when you advance to the next week they all reset, its really ridiculous. it  only happened after the last patch that went trough.

Message 133 of 164 (4,693 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@pauliesmooth wrote:

All the downs get counted during the game but when you advance to the next week they all reset, its really ridiculous. it  only happened after the last patch that went trough.

Maybe for you. I created this thread like a month ago lol.

Message 134 of 164 (4,679 Views)

Community Manager

@ready2611 

Thank you for sharing a detailed bug report walking us through the steps and offering a potential workaround. 

We're going to need to gather some additional account examples if you're still experiencing this from the latest update. Please respond back with the following:

• Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID
  • Platform you play on
  • Franchise affected (online/offline/both)
  • Are you using updated or pre-season rosters for the franchise?
Blueberry.png
Message 135 of 164 (4,644 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry  good to finally hear a response as we have been waiting a very long time to hear back

Don’t see why you need my PSN ID

PS4

both offline and online

active rosters

I bought the early release version not sure if that is of any help. I’ve deleted it completely and reinstalled and still not working

Ive tried playing a quarter and then simming the rest of the game and that works but as soon as I play a whole game the counters reset.

I use active rosters but with a few trades for a couple of rookies from other teams and no editing of any kind

9 minute quarters

The dev traits are revealed before the SB game but no in game acknowledgement of it, only find out when going into my roster

Still losing the kicking meter and direction during 4th quarter

Still getting terrible commentary that isn’t related to what is happening in the game

Not sure what else to add except it’s extremely concerning that it seems as if you are still

in the gathering data stage considering this has been like this since release, the new superstar mode and MUT obviously is more important

Message 136 of 164 (4,635 Views)

★★★ Novice

Akersj92

Ps4

Online franchise (with 8 user teams)

I don't remember what roster, we started this when the game came out. Please fix this, I have a team full of rookies that aren't developing right Devil

Message 137 of 164 (4,590 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So the new update hasn’t done anything for franchise!!! This is terrible, especially as no one will answer any of the questions *cough* blueberry *cough*

PLLLEEEEESSSSSEEEEE give us an update more than what platform your on or and your gamer tag 

Have they actually done anything?

Message 138 of 164 (4,552 Views)

Community Manager

@Dickieg 

Can you send me your PSN ID in a private message so we can pass along the account examples to the team to reproduce this? 

Another user recently posted in another thread that deleting the local and cloud saved data fixed it for them, however by deleting the local saved data that will definitely delete your offline franchises. FYI. Once a new franchise was created it was resolved for them. If anyone is willing to test that out, please let us know of the results. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 139 of 164 (4,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry 

If no one else wants to give their gamer tag I will absolutely give you mine if it will help fix this mess!!

PSN Tag: Rheems1

System : PS 4

Mode : Offline and Cloud Franchise (both)

Roster : Current, fantasy draft and preseason (with trades)

The issue remains that when you finally get a break out player, the person tells you that you need to run 500 downs with them.  In Offline Franchise the snaps don’t count up at all, in Cloud the snaps will count until you start the next game or exit the mode at which point they go to zero again.  I started a new franchise the other day to test it (offline, preseason rosters with fantasy draft), got Hunter Renfrow to be break out player... Dev Trait is hidden, played a game with Hunter Renfrow as first line WR so he was on the field for all snaps.  Completed game and snaps played said 0/500 still.  It is like that with online franchise as well, you are welcome to mirror my screen while I play, verify that Hunter Renfrow is playing all my downs and see that his counter remains at zero.  Whatever you have to do to fix this!

Message 140 of 164 (4,502 Views)