Detective Career not working?

by AshNuts

Original Post

Detective Career not working?

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't understand the question sorry
What happens when the bug occurs? No work task, evedence is removed from inventory and the work day never ends
What do you expect to see? Work tasks, evidence I've collected and letting me go home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I go with my sim to work he doesn't always get work tasks to complete. So for example he'll arrive in the beginning and his only task is go to crime scene but when he gets to the scene he has no tasks.

If he collects evedence it's removed from the inventory when he goes back to the station and when 5pm comes around the game doesn't send him home. I have to go to maps travel to his house then quit the job.

The only mods I have are once to fix the eco bugs, a mod to stop family tree fading and a get to work aspiration. 

I've tried repairing the game as well as resetting the sim. He's quit the job gotten another then gone back but it's still not working. 

Message 1 of 3 (657 Views)

Re: Detective Career not working?

Hero
@AshNuts Did you test with no mods on a fresh save to see if it's related to any of those ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (621 Views)

Re: Detective Career not working?

★★★ Novice

Romoved all my mods and cc, it did nothing except now he's being mean to others randomly and keeps trying to buy snacks and rake the leaves.

It's only a problem for this one sim though, not having this problem with any others in the same save file.

I'm probably just going to get him a different job. 

Message 3 of 3 (595 Views)