Re: Detective Career - Clues remain on crime scene lot after case closed

by frenchfrey78

Original Post

Detective Career - Clues remain on crime scene lot after case closed

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs; Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat; Stuff: Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party; Free: Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be in detective career, visit crime scene and interact appropriately, solve and close case, return home. Visit lot that was used in-game for crime scene, should see clues still remaining - despite in game prompt saying they'd disappear after you left.
What happens when the bug occurs? Clues remain on lots when not in career mode/ after cases are closed
What do you expect to see? No clues on lots when not on crime scene
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Lot in my neighborhood was a crime scene 3 ingame days agoLot in my neighborhood was a crime scene 3 ingame days ago 

Message 1 of 5 (402 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Do you have another sim in the Detective Career, because they may also have a case on that same lot.

Message 2 of 5 (369 Views)

Champion
@frenchfrey78 If you have any sim travel to that lot, it tends to clean up the items upon your sim arriving there.

Not sure if that's how it is intended to work, but that's what I usually do to clear it up in my game.
Message 3 of 5 (320 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sid1701d9 I do not, but I will remember that for the future in case that occurs!
Message 4 of 5 (303 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@simvasion I'll give that a try, I wish it didn't happen at all though :/
Message 5 of 5 (302 Views)