Re: Designer Career Broken for almost 2 Years....

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Novice

The skill issue I'm having is with the Photography skill, not Charisma.... Is it still applicable to the thread dealing with Charisma skill?

Thanks!

Message 51 of 94 (2,117 Views)

Hero
@Phantasmray Yes, it's multiple skills that have the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 94 (2,107 Views)

Skill levels needed to get promoted being reached but not recognized for career

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.3400 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None. All I have installed is the free Sims 4 which was offered on PSN for free February games
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Progress the stylist career past dedicated dresser
What happens when the bug occurs? Skill tab reads my charisma to be at level 6. Promotion tab reads it to be at 4 still. Need 5 to get promoted.
What do you expect to see? Charisma bar should read 5/5 in career tab under promotion area since my skill is at 6.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 53 of 94 (1,071 Views)

Re: Skill levels needed to get promoted being reached but not recognized for car

★★★ Newbie
@Drewinski1024 Was not registering but it promoted me anyway
Message 54 of 94 (1,061 Views)

Re: Skill levels needed to get promoted being reached but not recognized for car

Hero
@Drewinski1024 merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 94 (1,023 Views)

Hero
@Phantasmray What about your other issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 94 (2,049 Views)

Re: styler influencer charisma

★★★ Newbie
@Sunflower7391 Same thing that's currently happening to me! Were you able to fix it and if so, how?
Message 57 of 94 (928 Views)

Skills Not Counting Toward Career/Aspiration

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EXCEPT: Dine Out, Spa Day, Perfect Patio, Laundry Day, Moschino Stuff, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a career or aspiration. Level a skill as required by the career or aspiration. Have it show up in your Skills panel as having been done, but it does not affect the career/aspiration panel.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to have the Golden Check Mark appear by the career or aspiration.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Any ideas on what is going on?  My sim did everything she needed to do to get to the next level of TrendSetter, but it still isn't checking off that she did it.

Also, her kid needed to raise Violin to level 7 for part of the Creative aspiration, but he was already level 10, and the game did not recognize that.

Message 58 of 94 (989 Views)

Re: Skills Not Counting Toward Career/Aspiration

Hero
@UOJaney Is this only for the stylist career or any career you play ?

For the violin, try cheating the skill down and back up to see if it is recognized then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 94 (954 Views)

Re: Skills Not Counting Toward Career/Aspiration

★★★★★ Pro

Trend Setter is one of the tutorial aspirations. You should probably change aspirations if you aren't playing the tutorial.

If you are still playing the tutorial, it might be time to consider ending it. There should be a command to do that on the Options menu. The tutorial wasn't designed to have anyone in the household except your original sim and Alex Moyer. I know it's possible to have children during the tutorial but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

There is no Creative aspiration unless you got it from a mod. The Artistic Prodigy children's aspiration only requires you to play musical instruments for 5 total hours and have level 10 Creativity skill. The musical instruments for children include the violin but there's no requirement to have Violin skill.

Message 60 of 94 (935 Views)