Design tool- elongated list

by TheMarbleMortal

Original Post

Design tool- elongated list

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the design tool
What happens when the bug occurs? The list of swatches becomes ridiculously elongated, making it impossible to recolor an item without zooming really far out
What do you expect to see? The list of swatches to only be as long as necessary. like it used to be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the supernatural pack came out.

The list becomes ridiculously long

The list of swatches becomes ridiculously long for no apparent reason. This happend with both custom content and maxis created items.

Message 1 of 21 (1,201 Views)

Re: Design tool- elongated list

[ Edited ]
Champion

@TheMarbleMortal Hello!  You mentioned removing mods and cc but you also need to delete the localthumbcache.package file in Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder.  This file likely contains a bit of cached code that causes the issue to persist.  You may also need to right click the game in Origin and select repair.  Once the repair is completed for all packs and after deleting the cache file with mods / cc removed, open the game and see if the problem is still there.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 21 (1,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for the quick reply!

I tried both deleting the cashe and repairing the game. But that did not solve the issue. 

Message 3 of 21 (1,145 Views)

Champion

@TheMarbleMortal Well, quick reply first time isn't bad? haha  Sorry for the delay this time.  Okay, so that's weird.  If you haven't already, try starting a new save, without mods and delete that localthumbcache.package file again before opening the game.  I'm just curious if there may be an issue with your current save and if the problem will show up in a new save.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 21 (1,126 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this problem. I disabled my mods/CC, cleared my caches, and started a new game, but the problem persisted, which leads me to believe it isn’t related to mods/CC.

Message 5 of 21 (1,088 Views)

Hero
@tastethevenom Do you have it on every single item or just certain ones ? Did you also try renaming the user folder and test on a fresh one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (1,057 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Yep, it happens on all items. I haven’t tried using a new user folder, but I’ll do that and see if it makes a difference.

Message 7 of 21 (1,051 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yea same thing for me. Tried everything. I starting to think its just one of the many bugs thats caused by the game updates. Rather than the mods.

Message 8 of 21 (1,046 Views)

Hero
@TheMarbleMortal Did you try on a fresh folder yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 21 (1,035 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't really understand what u mean by fresh folder? 

Message 10 of 21 (1,002 Views)