Delay on using abilites or meds/shields after sliding while heirloom is equipped

by FatalBabo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Delay on using abilites or meds/shields after sliding while heirloom is equipped

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? FatalStark
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith with heirloom
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All of it
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Sliding with heirloom in hand
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It's always there
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since latest patch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? If I have the Wraith heirloom in hand while sliding there is a huge delay before I can use any abilities, syringes, or shield cells. Probably a delay on everything to be honest.
What should be happening instead? There should be no delay as apparent with every other character or while weapons are drawn
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Wraith with the heirloom equipped and attempt to slide and then use your tactical ability or ultimate, meds or shield cells/batteries, you will have a very noticeable delay. This delay does not occur if you don't have the heirloom equipped, have your weapons drawn while attempting, or playing a different legend. If you slide with the heirloom and attempt any of this it will buffer your input and what you pressed seconds ago will happen eventually after the slide...

Please fix, haven't seen this mentioned anywhere and it's annoying :/

Message 1 of 19 (2,418 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Heirloom bug while crouched or sliding

Community Manager

@FatalBabo Hey, this is being looked into, thanks for the report. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 19 (2,327 Views)

All Replies

Re: Delay on using abilites or meds/shields after sliding while heirloom is equi

★ Novice

I’ve been having the same problem too, in one instance, I had to press the button to shield myself 5 times just for it to occur. Instead the animation kept jittering as I was trying to heal myself. 

Message 2 of 19 (2,352 Views)

Delay on using Wraiths abilities and both meds and shields with heirloom equiped

★ Novice

Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? zr1vettee
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. During a match at any time and anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using abilities and using meds/shields
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It has been happening every game since the latest patch
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.6.2019 (AEST - timezone) after the patch went live
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a half a second to a second delay on using an abilitiy or using meds/shields. In worst cases, I would have to press the button to use an ability/heal multiple times as the animation starts jittering. Therefore, delaying the action further.
What should be happening instead? The use of an ability and using meds/shields should be occurring smoothly and in an instant
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During a match, play wraith with the heirloom equiped and use an ability or meds/shields

Please fix this bug as soon as possible Frown I really like having the heirloom equiped and it may especially be a major disadvantage during ranked games as half a second or a second can help you win a team fight just by using an ability or healing just a little bit. 

Message 3 of 19 (2,374 Views)

Re: Delay on using Wraiths abilities and both meds and shields with heirloom equ

★★★★★ Novice
Happens to me every time I slide with the heirloom :/
Message 4 of 19 (2,353 Views)

Heirloom bug while crouched or sliding

★★★★★ Novice

Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? FatalStark
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All of it
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Sliding of crouched while heirloom was visible
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It always occurs
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a delay on using my tactical, ultimate, shields, and meds.
What should be happening instead? There should be no 1 second delay.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the heirloom visible with Wraith and use anything while crouching or sliding. There will be a noticeable delay from the moment you push the button to the point where you get a response.

Would love to know if this has been acknowledged and being looked at by the devs.

Message 5 of 19 (2,369 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@FatalBabo Shameless self bump for hopeful fix soon Frown
Message 6 of 19 (2,335 Views)

Community Manager

@FatalBabo Hey, this is being looked into, thanks for the report. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 19 (2,328 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_David Thank you for the reply!
Message 8 of 19 (2,317 Views)

Re: Delay on using abilites or meds/shields after sliding while heirloom is equi

Hello @FatalBabo and @zr1vettee

Thanks for taking time to report this. I've merged both your threads into one. As most players do not have the heirloom (yet...), this bug will most certainly go unnoticed because less players experience it. So combining all posts in one place can draw better attention from the developers.

Is it possible you can record a video of this, maybe in comparison with a video of the non-heirloom action? That would clear things up. I would like to record myself, but I haven't been lucky to get the Heirloom Frown

Thanks!

Message 9 of 19 (2,279 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

For PC, you don't even need to be sliding or crouching imo.  Just have Kunai equipped and perform a heal with weapons holstered.  Then take out a weapon and perform a heal.  The difference in delay between just those two is massive (and it's the same for tactical and ultimate activation as well).  The devs should be able to perform that test easily....

Message 10 of 19 (2,268 Views)