by crinrict

Original Post

[GF] Del Sol Valley Map with Trees Glitch & Lot Plumbob in Wrong Place

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Cats and Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons Game Packs: Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Vampires Stuff Packs: Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Fitness Stuff, Luxury Party, Movie Hangout, Paranormal, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I believe the bug occurred as a result of the pond patch last week, prior to cottage living's release.
What happens when the bug occurs? It's a world map graphics glitch, just install the game.
What do you expect to see? World maps without graphical glitches.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after the patch Maxis released for ponds, that allows you to add ducks and create more custom ponds.

I've attached a screenshot of the graphic error I'm seeing now. Prior to this week's patch, I was not experiencing this problem. I have already attempted to "repair" my game via the origin portal interface, and I have done a fresh uninstall and reinstall of the pack in question (Get Famous). I have also updated my graphics drivers. I also have never used mods/CC of any kind.

I made my original forum topic here, but was told if there was not a subject already in place for each individual error I should create one. I didn't see one for this particular issue with Get Famous, so I'm creating this one here. 

Thanks in advance!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (1,265 Views)

Re: Del Sol Valley Map with Trees Glitch & Lot Plumbob in Wrong Place

Hero
@Luminous_ember To be sure, you also have these GF map glitch when you start a new save or only on your existing save ? Which lot does your Sim on (aka, where's that plumbob supposed to be ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Interesting that you asked that.....I just checked and that map graphical glitch, the Plumbob floating in a weird spot is all corrected with a new save. So, is that the solution I just have to start a new save? I really don't want to lose all my progress. Thanks for your reply btw.

And to answer your question, I'm referring to the lot Plumbob floating over the glitched trees, it should be over the "Jeong lot" which is the one directly below the palm tree icon.

Message 3 of 12 (1,221 Views)

Hero
@Luminous_ember I don't think you have to start a new save unless you are so bothered by this that starting over is the better option for you.

Seems the patch has caused the map to glitch for your existing save game and I don't know if there's a solution to fix it other than wait if EA decides to fix it (and that probably strongly depends on how many people are affected by this)

Do you have any other older saves you could check to see if they have similar problems ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,203 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, I only have the one save file. Its just incredibly frustrating that this happened after a patch. So now I'm concerned that every time there is a patch update it could lead to my game becoming broken. Also its frustrating, that I have to wait if/when EA will decide to fix it. So I don't know if it'll ever be fixed or how long I'll have to wait. And this map glitch isn't the only issue I am experiencing with this particular save file-the terrain is missing and you can see through the ground in Evergreen Harbor in build mode which I feel makes it unplayable and I haven't even touched that world yet even though I bought the pack. Asking me to create a new save is not really a solution, its just a band-aid for the problem. I wish someone at EA could look at this directly and at least give me an idea of how long it might take to correct or if they will even bother.

Message 5 of 12 (1,189 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Luminous_ember Did you try the workaround for the evergreen harbor issue as posted in the bug report on that (I believe you posted there) ?

Do you have any issues with the get famous lots other than the map ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,174 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When you say "workaround", do you mean visiting each of the glitched lots in live mode to see if the terrain corrects itself? And no the only issue I had with Del Sol Valley was the map, the lots work fine and behave as normal.

Message 7 of 12 (1,164 Views)

Hero
@Luminous_ember yes, that's what I mean.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,148 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did that and it worked. Hopefully EA will get around to fixing that map glitch at some point. Thanks for your help.

Message 9 of 12 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry this is so old but what did you do? Mine didn't get fixed going to it in live mode

Message 10 of 12 (925 Views)