Defensive fouls against shooting keep playing instead of calling for Free Throws

by 84Saruman

Original Post

Defensive fouls against shooting keep playing instead of calling for Free Throws

★★ Guide

Product: NBA Live Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
Summarize your bug Hello, I've found that when a defensive foul whilst shooting is committed (either by me or by the opponent), the notification of the foul appears normally, but the game keeps continuing as if nothing happened, instead of awarding 2 (or 3 free throws). I've also experienced this when scoring and been also awarded the foul but not the extra free throw
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hard. You must experience a situation of defensive foul vs a shot taken, perhaps try to block shots and foul the opponent while they're shooting
What happens when the bug occurs? You get a notification of the defensive foul, but the game continues as if nothing has happened. Whoever manages to get the "rebound" keeps the ball in possession, even the attacker who committed it
What do you expect to see? The game should stop and call for free throws (1-3 according to the situation)

I've found that when a defensive foul whilst shooting is committed (either by me or by the opponent), the notification of the foul appears normally, but the game keeps continuing as if nothing happened, instead of awarding 2 (or 3 free throws). I've also experienced this when scoring and been also awarded the foul but not the extra free throw

Message 1 of 7 (2,038 Views)

Re: Defensive fouls against shooting keep playing instead of calling for Free Th

Community Manager

Which mode is this happening in?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,972 Views)

Re: Defensive fouls against shooting keep playing instead of calling for Free Th

★★ Guide
It has happened to me in Showdown, Campaign and Season modes
Message 3 of 7 (1,967 Views)

Community Manager

@84Saruman 

I'm leaning towards the possibility of corrupted data. If you have your game synced up to your Apple ID, Facebook, or Google Play account you won't lose your progress if you uninstall the app and re-download it. This is always a great step to take first whenever you're experiencing game or performance related issues. Let me know if that helps!

iOS

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Android

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 7 (1,957 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

I did as you told me but the bug remains.

I've counted two more (one in favor, one against) times in which the defensive foul is not awarded (even giving a notice) if free throws are to be taken. Something is wrong with free throws

Message 5 of 7 (1,865 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

Hello again,

I'd like to report that I've fouled the opponent in shooting two more times. Again, the notification of the defensive foul that I had committed showed up, but the game did not stop for free throws calling, resulting in a successful defensive rebound from my part which was unfair for the opponent. This happened in Seasons and Events Modes.

Again, I have come to believe that something is wrong when free throws are to be awarded. Other defensive, blocking, charging and offensive fouls work as they should. The only exception is when the defensive foul was meant to call for free - throws (2nd within a quarter / defensive foul when the opponent shoots). Unfortunately the game notifies you about the foul but continues as if nothing had happened

Message 6 of 7 (1,745 Views)

★★ Guide

I have played the final quarter of Joel Embiid Endurance Campaign and was fouled when trying to shoot. A Defensive foul was awarded to me and the game stopped allowing me to play 2 free throws (as it should). This was the first foul of the quarter for the opponent. Perhaps the free throw bug triggers when it's not the first foul, or it is possible that the bug got fixed. I can't tell for sure yet, I have to test it more. I hope that this helps though

Message 7 of 7 (1,655 Views)