Defensive Perspective Camera Relativity Issue, Dive Tackle Direction.

by oxxoxor

Original Post

Defensive Perspective Camera Relativity Issue, Dive Tackle Direction.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have? Playstation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? nohopedeadlove
Date/time issue occurred 12/8/2018
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug When i try to Dive Tackle (SQUARE button) as a defender on the Defensive Perspective Camera Angle the dive is executed not relative to the camera. The user-controlled player dives in the opposite direction than the one pointed at.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to initiate a Dive Tackle while on any Defensive play and while on the Defensive Perspective Camera Angle. You have to be in a relatively open field, while your controlled defender does not have in his proximity / vision cone the ball carrier and while he's not commited to an animation. Best way to see it is during pursuits of a receiver / half back who has broken away to the open field and the user-controlled player is far behind. To me it is mostly problematic after the offensive handoff and while on the way to tackle the HB on running plays. The direction you are pointing at will be the opposite because the Control / Mechanic is not Relative to the Camera.
What happens when the bug occurs? When Dive Tackling On the Defensive Perspective Camera Angle, there is no camera relativity therefore the player dives in the opposite direction than the one the user is pointing at with the left stick. Therefore the tackle is missed and positioning a dive tackle is near-impossible
What do you expect to see? That the Defensive Perspective Camera Angle be fully playable. The controls should be Camera Relative. Pressing Left Stick Left + Square / X should make your player dive left and vice versa. The Dive Tackle Mechanic should not be tied to the Offensive Camera Perspective.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8

I have encountered a serious issue that really obstructs proper gameplay and makes the Defensive Perspective Camera Angle problematic to play with.

The issue has to do with the control orientation. Specifically the direction of the user-controlled defender dive tackles while in that specific Camera Angle.

While player movement is and stays Camera relative, whenever i press the SQUARE button (on the PS4 controller, X Button on XboxOne) to commit a dive tackle with a Defender in the
Defensive Perspective Camera, the player i control seems to dive the opposite direction than the one which i am pointing at with the Left Stick. (Left Stick Left + SQUARE makes a dive tackle to the right INSTEAD of the correct dive tackle left).

This happens everytime from the Defensive Perspective and it seems to be a Serious Technical Issue. It is problematic because the Dive Tackle controls ARE NOT PROPERLY CAMERA RELATIVE like player movement is .

In the Offensive Camera Perspective (i.e. Zoom Camera) SQUARE + Left Stick Left should make the defensive player dive Right as it is the Camera Relative direction (Since we are opposite to the defender we have user-control of and we're looking at him).

In The Defensive Perspective Camera, if i press SQUARE+Left Stick Left the defender should dive Left. (I am among the defenders looking in the same direction therefore pressing left should make them go left etc.)

The user controlled defenders maintain the orientation and direction of the Offensive Perspective Cameras (Zoom, Wide etc.) only in regards to the Dive Tackle.

It is pretty unsettling since many tackles cannot be commited as you have to move the left stick in the opposite direction in order for the dive to be proper,otherwise you just dive the other way.

Since the player movement maintains camera relativity, the stick movement required to move in position and dive tackle correctly also slows down your player and most of the time misses your tackle.

It is an issue that has to be fixed quickly in order for the Defensive Perspective Camera to be fully playable. Thank you!

Message 1 of 1 (367 Views)